PDA

View Full Version : Need help quick, Dad`s truck has deck stain overspray!

GlossyTundra
04-11-2005, 01:44 PM
My dad just stained the deck with a sprayer, and his truck was parked outside. I came up just in time to see the damage already done. overspray all over the truck including windows. I almost flipped:eek: To top it all off, I just got through fully detailing it one week ago:angry

What do yall recommend to remove this problem. I have already tried washing it but with no success. Clay, vinegar, 3m adhesive remover, tar&sap remover? Please help.

Thanks

LightngSVT
04-11-2005, 02:45 PM
ID go to clay as your next step.

jfelbab
04-11-2005, 02:54 PM
You might try Prepsol. Wipe it on and let it sit for a bit and see if it takes the stain off. Failing with that I`d go to a paint cleaner like MPPC or even #80.

C. Charles Hahn
04-11-2005, 03:56 PM
I`d go for clay, and failing that go to prepsol or tarminator/xenit.

GlossyTundra
04-11-2005, 04:42 PM
Thanks anyway, but my dad sat there and made me use GASOLINE to "wash" the paint, then followed with dawn. I almost flipped. But I couldn`t do anything, he would have just cussed at me more. So now I hope his paint falls off!

Scottwax
04-11-2005, 04:44 PM
Mineral spirits would have been a better choice. You definitely need to rewax it now.

Black240SX
04-11-2005, 05:04 PM
I hope you wore gloves. Some of the additives in gasoline are nasty. Kerosene would have been a better choice.

Anyhow, you should use a product with polishing oils to replenish those you removed with the gasoline. Then put wax or sealant on.

grimmster
04-12-2005, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Brandon1

he would have just cussed at me more. So now I hope his paint falls off!

He was the cause of the problem, after you made the truck perfect a week before, and he`s yelling at you??

I would have tried the clay first....

Lenny
04-12-2005, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by grimmster

He was the cause of the problem, after you made the truck perfect a week before, and he`s yelling at you??

I would have tried the clay first....

If he weren`t your father, I`d have told him to wash it himself. Talk about lack of gratitude...

Intercooled
04-12-2005, 03:17 PM
I remember years ago when I was little, My Dad did the same thing but got paint overspray all over the neighbors car.:shocked

Till this day I remember that incident and I am always aware of any spray painting outside whether froma machine or spray paint can. And I`m always checking out what the neighbors are up to as well.

Tis the season too. Watch out for neighbors mowing and using leave blowers. :angry

GlossyTundra
04-12-2005, 04:28 PM
Yeah it was pretty crappy, but I cant do anything b/c I dont want to be troublesome. I probably will go back over the truck with 3m smr and some s100.

Lenny
04-12-2005, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Brandon1

Yeah it was pretty crappy, but I cant do anything b/c I dont want to be troublesome. I probably will go back over the truck with 3m smr and some s100.

That`s probably safest.....

Scottwax
04-12-2005, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by Intercooled

I remember years ago when I was little, My Dad did the same thing but got paint overspray all over the neighbors car.:shocked

I remember when my brother was about 4, went into a neighbors` garage, found a can of paint and proceded to paint the side of their car. My Dad had to pay around $300 for it to be fixed...and this was back in the late 60`s. :eek: