PDA

View Full Version : Accumulator, Special Thanks! And Others! Pictures!

AltimaNut
04-11-2005, 08:40 AM
I wanted to take a minute to thank Accumulator specifically, but all the others as well who gave me tips and advice on how to solve my problem. I had a lot of spider-webbing and swirling, isolated for the most part to my rear bumper which had to be repalced and re-painted. That paint just isn`t as hard as the factory stuff.

My solution was as follows:

3 passes with 3M Perfect IT-III Machine Glaze (Applied and removed by hand, great workout, but great results)

3 passes Zaino Z-5 with ZFX Accelerator (did all 3 coats in under 1 hour with this weekend`s weather)

The results were amazing! I will post pictures, I have 7 of them, and I compressed them first, and this site says they are still too big. :(

I will post them if I figure out how, any help woudl be appreciated, but for now, thanks to everyone that helped, especially Accumulator! :)

Bill D
04-11-2005, 09:03 AM
3m= :2thumbs: , a permanent staple in my collection

AltimaNut
04-11-2005, 09:07 AM
Thanks! If you get a chance, check out my second post with my pics.

Thanks for the response.

Accumulator
04-11-2005, 12:09 PM
AltimaNut- Glad to hear the MG worked out for you. It did sound like just the right product for that job.

mystickid
04-11-2005, 05:45 PM
My solution was as follows:

3 passes with 3M Perfect IT-III Machine Glaze (Applied and removed by hand, great workout, but great results)

What is a "PASS" or what constitutes a "PASS"?

Thank you for the help.

Accumulator
04-11-2005, 05:59 PM
A "pass" is an application. With a polish, I consider a "pass" to be one application worked until it`s properly broken down. So he polished it three times to get it the way he wanted it, which sounds about par for the course with mild marring, MG, and sorta-soft paint.

mystickid
04-11-2005, 06:39 PM
So does that mean that on three "Passes", the polish was broken down & applied to the applicator 3 times?

thanx accumulator for the great help.

mystickid
04-11-2005, 11:35 PM
where are the pics???

AltimaNut
04-12-2005, 07:29 AM
Had to post somewhere else, even my compressed pictures were too large (Greater than 300MB)

Hope you like them. Are you in Chicago area also?

http://www.nissanclub.com/forums/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=34940

mystickid
04-12-2005, 08:10 AM
Checkd out the PICs,

Great job on the Altima, really wet and reflective. Shine on my friend!

AltimaNut
04-12-2005, 09:27 AM
I only Zainoed the bumper, first time I used it. I can only imagine what the whole car will look like with 3 coats of Z-5.

You know how hard it is to keep a car clean in Chi-town, constant struggle.

Thanks for the compliments!