PDA

View Full Version : UPP and coilovers on the M3

Pages : [1] 2

AudiOn19s
04-11-2005, 08:32 AM
Well...another weekend spend in the garage. Couple of customer cars on Saturday...then got to play with my own car on Sunday. Installed the H&R coilovers and then cleaned her up.

Car was recently polished with SSR2.5 and SSR1 so it was good for swirls...but needed a little more attention and some leather treatment.

Wash Zaino Z7

AIO via PC

UPP x2

Megs High endurance on tires

Zaino Z10 on leather

Final adjustments will have to be made on the coilovers this week as she`s still a bit too high all the way around but I plan on borrowing scales from my uncle this weekend to properly cornerbalance the car.

Andy

http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/18052coils3.jpg

http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/18052coils4.jpg

http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/18052coils1.jpg

http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/18052coils2.jpg

stilez
04-11-2005, 11:15 AM
:drool

Just stunning....Ahhh, I want it!

LightngSVT
04-11-2005, 11:28 AM
Damn your car is hot! I love the M3`s. What do they sell for (not sticker price)? Great job on the detail and the drop looks mean.

imported_hadboosttroy
04-11-2005, 11:58 AM
looks hot!

price varies a lot, due to options etc. you can get VERY good deals on slightly used ones.

AudiOn19s
04-11-2005, 01:01 PM
I got a killer deal on mine but looked for 6 months to find the right car. I just picked this car up in February...it`s a 2002 that had 29k miles on it at the time. The buyer was simply looking to get out of the lease that they had put 4000 down on initially and merely wanted payoff. Sooo...36k and change later I have my dream car. (sticker was 53,500 new) I was lucky enough to find exactly the color scheme that I wanted, this car came with the factory 18` wheels with snow tires, and the 19` wheels as well. Other little touches include clear bra, Hawk brake pads, UUC shifter and UUC clutch stop. Origionally owned by a fellow detailer, and immaculate inside and out. I`m the first owner to even use the factory floor mats as it`s had rubber BMW mats in it since day one.

I promissed my wife I wouldn`t go overboard on mod spending like I did with the Audi and her old 325...uhhh...well soo far I`ve failed miserably. I`m not a big fan of noticable mods so to this point I`ve only done a few things: Synthetic fluids in tranny and rear diff, Denso irridium plugs, Underdrive pullies, Intake, Software, Coilovers are all on the car now. Angel eyes off of her old 3 series have been sitting in the garage staring at me waiting to go on...and my exhaust and LED tail lights (factory `04 M3 upgrade) should be here soon. I`m not gonna be fed if I spend any more money on the car though.

Andy

mgm2003
04-11-2005, 01:13 PM
Damn nice car!

My friend has one with the SMG/paddle shifter and it`s wicked. I don`t think I could react fast enought to change gears in that beast. It certianly does make you smile ear to ear and forget about any nagging troubles.

I used to live in that neck of the woods (orignially from Westerville). It`s nice to see a picture of home!

AudiOn19s
04-11-2005, 01:22 PM
Small world...my parents live in Westerville and I went to HS there...lived in New Albany for a few years and recently moved up in the Powell area.

JayJayPG
04-11-2005, 09:07 PM
Are those HID fog lights? If so did those come standard?

Gorgeous car BTW.

AudiOn19s
04-12-2005, 10:24 AM
Jay: they`re not Xenon fogs but they are Xenon match bulbs in there (PIAA). They`re almost dead on when you first fire up the headlamps but once the headlamps warm up they`re more of a purple color than the blue that comes ot of the Fogs. The pictures make the fogs look even more blue than they really are becuase I had to keep playing with the white balance on the camera to bring out the white in the car as all of the lighting around there was very yellow and not nearly the blue color that it comes out in the pictures.

Andy

03COBRA
04-12-2005, 11:51 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: Sweet mama that is a beautiful car. Man I love the M3 line from years past, but these new ones take the cake. How you like coilovers, very convenient IMO?:D

imported_Denzil
04-13-2005, 02:57 AM
Sweet car man...

That`s my dream car for when I graduate from college... if I ever do :p At least I have something to aim for! :D

AudiOn19s
04-13-2005, 06:34 AM
`04Cobra: The coilovers are great. Ride is a little firm but but nothing bone jarring or anything. I had the car cornerbalanced yesterday and the rear is now a bit lower than in the pictures. Now I just need to get ready for my track day at Mid Ohio on May 30!!!

Carl Anderson
04-13-2005, 08:22 AM
THERE IS NO POWER LIKE M POWER!

http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/4827101_0168.jpg

JaCkaL829
04-13-2005, 10:53 AM
Awesome looking M3, I think one of the best colors is the alpine white. I also like your backdrop.

btw what kind of PIAA fog light bulbs do you have in there? I`m guessing the Super Plasmas or Xtreme Forces? Regardless they compliment the car nicely :cool: :D

Colorado S14
04-14-2005, 08:47 AM
What brand coilovers are you running. You should throw some HRE, Kensis, or I Forged wheels on there! My only complaint is to the position of the car. I love the background with the neon, however, I do not like how you have the car a a 90* angle to the building. Try facing the car out at a bit of an angle with the wheels turned a bit, I think that will make it look better. The M3 is amazing but when photographed in profile you miss out on some of the lines.