PDA

View Full Version : Moose Wax Questions

shelshel
04-11-2005, 05:40 AM
I`ve been seeing alot of great reviews for the Clearkote Products...VM, CMW, QS etc. and really want to try some. I`m currently using AIO + UPP or WG.

Is VM basically a Polish that is used before Moose Wax or CMW and if your vehicle is in good condition can you get away with just the Moosewax? The description says it`s a cleaner wax so would Moosewax be the same as AIO?

For those of you who use these products can you tell me what your procedure is.

benpocock
04-11-2005, 06:03 AM
I`m noe expert on Clearkote but my understanding of their products is as follows:

Moose Wax - A one step cleaner wax. Will remove moderate swirls and oxidation whilst leaving a layer of protection.

Vanilla Moose - More of a glaze than a wax but has some cleaning capability as well. Will remove light swirls.

Carnauba Moose (CMW) - a carnauba topper. No cleaning abaility, just adds great depth and decent protection to a well prepared surface.

In my procedure I tend to use #83/#80 for swirl removal, then add a coat of VM for great depth/gloss and to get rid of any light marks that still may remain and then top with CMW. Sometimes I`ll put a layer of EX/EX-P in between the VM and CMW for extra durability.

Hope this helps (a bit!)

Ben.

shelshel
04-11-2005, 02:20 PM
Would you say Moose Wax is the same as Klasse AIO? If so would I would use VM then AIO?

Scott P
04-11-2005, 02:36 PM
Regular Moose Wax is different than AIO. Moose Wax is a strong cleaner wax. It works well as a one-step product. It has good cleaning abilities and decent durability. I like it on wheels for the cleaning properties.

AIO is cleaner with an acrylic component for protection. If choosing between the two, I would go with AIO.

I see Vanilla Moose as a glaze with mild polishing properties and some wax in the formula. It works best topped by a wax. The oils in the formula would cause bonding issues with Zaino or Klasse SG. Poorboy`s EX/EX-P, Wolfgang and Four Star UPP don`t seem to have bonding issues.

If you ae looking for a one-step product, I would find something else. I honestly think there are better price/performance options for a cleaner wax. Don`t get me wrong, Moose Wax is a good product that is easy to use. I just like others a bit better for a one-step solution.

nixonrsx
04-11-2005, 09:10 PM
i just used in this order aio, then vanilla moose, then ex, with excellent resutls.... :)

Scottwax
04-11-2005, 10:09 PM
I use the regular Moose Wax for door jams, plastic and removing tar (so I don`t have to rewax). Vanilla Moose is a glaze with light abrasives and will remove minor swirls and defects. A new product Clearkote has out is Red Moose Machine Glaze and it has a lot less oils than Vanilla Moose, no wax and no abrasives, just chemical cleaners. With a polishing pad, it will remove very light swirls but it works best to clean up the paint for waxing. I think it has a deeper glow than Vanilla Moose. Carnauba Moose is a really good liquid wax, pretty decent depth and is very easy to use. Decent durability too. Quikshine is my favorite QD. Incredibly slick and user friendly.

Clearkote also has a couple more aggressive polishes that are either already out or very soon to be out. Blue Moose is an aggressive chemical cleaner and works great on oxidation. Clearkote Compound is abrasive and will remove moderate defects with the PC. Definitely follow the "use half of what you normally would" recommendation or you will get hazing and some product build-up. Cut back and it cleans right up.

shelshel
04-12-2005, 05:28 AM
Originally posted by Scott P

If you ae looking for a one-step product, I would find something else. I honestly think there are better price/performance options for a cleaner wax. Don`t get me wrong, Moose Wax is a good product that is easy to use. I just like others a bit better for a one-step solution.

What Products would you recommend for the one-step process?