PDA

View Full Version : First detail kit, Advise required

Odin Mz3
04-10-2005, 06:16 PM
Hello everyone

I bought a Mazda 3 orange a couple of months ago and I wish to give her is first wax for this spring.

I read the whole autopia detailing guide and I`ve done some research. Now I think I have everything to do a good wax job (I dont have it yet, I plan to get it). Here my list, but first I want to specify that I`m Canadian :ca and not all the product are easily available for us. You`re suggestion are apreciate but I may not be able to get every product.

Klasse AIO and SG

Blue polishing pad

Yellow foam pad

necessary microfiber towel

Wolfgang Poly Clay Bar 6oz (need your opinion on this one)

303 Aerospace protectant

Autoglym interior shampoo

Autoglym engine cleaner

Now here my main questions:

1. Can someone tell me if that clay bar is big (cause it cost $30) and good. My other alternative are Meguiar quick clay, Pinnacle Polyclay or a no name quality clay.

2. Is the Autoglym Engine cleaner is good to remove the grease on the bottom of my door. It came from the anti-rust treatment and I plan to wax this part.

3. Do I really need to polish a new car if I use AIO?

Any suggestion or alternative are welcome.

bboy850
04-10-2005, 06:43 PM
Hello fellow Canuck...I would suggest purhcasing a PC and pads as it will save you a lot of time and produce very nice results for you. I would suggest checking out carcaresmart.com and eshine.ca

Personally for me, I try to pickup stuff locally (e.g. Canadian Tire) to save on shipping costs, etc. Meguiars professional line should be able to be found locally.

1. Meguiars and Mothers are both pretty good clay and one bar should last quite a long time (cut them into pieces prior).

2. not too sure about this one, I`ll let someone else chime in.

3. polishing is always good, its the prep that makes it look amazing!

SayNoToPistons
04-10-2005, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by bboy850

Hello fellow Canuck...I would suggest purhcasing a PC and pads as it will save you a lot of time and produce very nice results for you. I would suggest checking out carcaresmart.com and eshine.ca

Personally for me, I try to pickup stuff locally (e.g. Canadian Tire) to save on shipping costs, etc. Meguiars professional line should be able to be found locally.

1. Meguiars and Mothers are both pretty good clay and one bar should last quite a long time (cut them into pieces prior).

2. not too sure about this one, I`ll let someone else chime in.

i dont really like mothers claybar. it seems somewhat hard to knead and is harder than meguiars. it also seems like it CUTs the contaminations rather than removing it. maybe its me:nixweiss

Odin Mz3
04-10-2005, 07:34 PM

Thanks bboy850

I already knew about those two site and since I need a lot of stuff, the shipping is going to be free from eshine :D. I know CT is usefull cause you get your stuff now, but they are a way more expensive than those site.

The only thing I dont like about meguiars is the quick detailing they sell you with the clay bar, since I were planning to clay bar with soapy water.

Yeah, but I dont know if I should try this by hand. I plan to get a PC, but they are expensive and I`m looking for a bargain.

imported_Denzil
04-10-2005, 07:59 PM
All I can tell you is that a PC will save you time and your arm. In the long run, it`ll be well worth the money. :p

Odin Mz3
04-10-2005, 09:16 PM

I just thought about it and Klasse AIO isnt suppose to act as a cleaner/wax. Since my paint is in fairly good shape (no swirl or so) I dont need any polisher.