PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for the QEW recommendation

imported_rayvenn
04-09-2005, 09:28 PM
Hi, Autopia.

Just wanted to say thanks to everybody who recommended QEW. Scottwax, Mosca`s QEW tutorial, and endorsements by many others are what really sold me on trying it. For a first time effort, it went well. I`m sure I can refine my technique, but it was nice to be able to wash in the garage, and not be forced to wait until much later in the day when the driveway gets a little shade.

We`re heavy into pollen season here in S Tex, so it was easy to see the difference when I cleaned a section.

I read today that QEW is thought to have some small amt of carnauba in it. Does this mean that I shouldn`t put another layer of EX-P (or any other sealant) on after I use QEW, because of bonding issues?

Thanks!

Russ

Scottwax
04-09-2005, 10:05 PM
Russ-glad QEW worked well for you. Believe me, when I first mentioned it on Autopia there was a lot of skepticism. Doesn`t seem like it would work but it does!

You should have no bonding issues with EX-P after using QEW.

imported_rayvenn
04-10-2005, 07:06 AM
Thanks, Scott. I was mostly concerned about marring, since I saw plenty of that after a winter`s worth of washing/drying. Haven`t mastered that non-marring wash technique. I guess more QEW washes might total up to marring like I saw after this past winter, but I didn`t see any yesterday ... and the convenience of washing whatever time of day I want to is great. If I use the bucket and hose, I have an hour or so window in the morning, and a couple of hours very late in the evening, when I can get some shade in the driveway. This worked much better.

Thanks for the words about sealant bonding, too. I went with EX-P, thinking it would be more durable, despite the fact that you said EX looked a bit better on red (mine`s burgundy, but I figure that`s close enough.) Ironically, I saw your recent post about EX being more durable. Go figure .... Guess I`ll just have to try more combos. Darn the luck. :) heh.

Russ