PDA

View Full Version : Mothers Help - FX or REFLECTIONS ?

Buster
04-08-2005, 08:36 PM
Hi, I`m new to the forum. This is the "bobistheoilguy" of auto detailing. Awesome!

I have a new 2005 Silver Accord. I`ve used Zaino in the past and was happy with it, however, the new Mother`s line seems like a bargain from a price/performance standpoint.

I`m having a hard time distinguishing the FX from Reflections and which product to chose from. I`m also having a hard time finding the Reflections Line anywhere.

I`ve seen so far the Synthetic FX wax and Spray Wax FX. Can these be layered and are they to be used together? From my understanding, the Rfl`s line is the line to use for layering as the Top Coat can be.

AlexRuiz
04-08-2005, 08:45 PM
Welcome to the forums. FX is more like a traditional sealanat, that means "bling bling" shine. Reflections is less shiny, but has more depth, glow and warmth. Kind of hard to describe, but FX would cbe closer to Zaino, while reflections being closer in look to a carnauba.

I was unable to find the reflections line "locally" in SE Michigan. I had to order it online (autogeek.net has the complete line)

FXspray wax can be used as a booster of the FX. FX is not layerable as it has cleaners, spray wax is layerable. Reflections is not layerable, but top coat is (no cleaners)

I think you will love the new mothers products :up

Buster
04-08-2005, 08:48 PM
Thanks Alex. What I`m thinking of doing then, is using the SynWax and then after every car wash (once a week for me) touch up with the SprayWax FX. Does that sound reasonable? I like the idea of the FXspray as a touch up.

I originally was going to use the Rfl`s line bc I like the idea that you can layer the using the Top Coat, but if I can use the FXspray as a touch up, I`ll go with that. :)

imported_Larry A
04-09-2005, 09:08 AM
Reflection can be found at some Pepboys. I have two Pepboys in my area , one has it one doesent. Fx spray is a great topper, try it on a wet car spray on a wet car and wipe dry , rince your towels or chamois after you use them. You will be amazed at the gloss and shine.

05Sleeper
04-09-2005, 09:11 AM
The top coat can be used on top of Carnuba?

wannafbody
04-12-2005, 10:36 AM
not neccessarily-it was designed to be used over Reflections wax and would probably work best over a more traditional sealant than a "real" carnauba wax

SilverLexus
04-12-2005, 10:42 AM
I recommend Reflections based on personal experience. It`s very reflective and wet looking on metallic paints.

Buster
04-13-2005, 08:26 PM
I finally found the Reflections at a local PepBoys. They didn`t have the Top coat though. I`m really torn between both of these products. I think after another use of the SynWax, I`m going to switch to the Reflections and compare. I`ll use some Dawn and start over in the late fall just before winter. Any other opinions between the two?

Dtail
04-13-2005, 08:33 PM
i am also very tempted on trying out these new mothers products ( both fx and reflections line up). I was just at pep boys earlier today but decided not to buy it yet because im still not done trying out all of my other products. Does anyone know if the new reflection wax, the same as the old version? Both products smells alike. I know that just by the smell it wont tell me if its the same but just wondering.

imported_topnotch
04-13-2005, 09:31 PM
I have used fx and let me tell you I was impressed with it. Shine is very good for an over the counter product. I recommend it and it also seems to last longer than NXT which is very well liked around here. It is also easy to use and if your car is in good shape you can use this as a one step in between major details.

imported_Larry A
04-14-2005, 03:18 PM
Although they smell the same they are different. The new Reflection is made to last longer ,be slicker, and shine a little better. The old Reflections was resin based, the new Reflection is resin and polymer based.

nonwelder
04-14-2005, 03:22 PM
Maybe try FX or Reflections, EX-P, then top with Top Coat? Just for fun...