PDA

View Full Version : Need to restock for the summer...what should i get?

NorcalZ71
04-08-2005, 01:28 AM
Ok, im down at college right now but when I get home from school for the summer, Im going to need to do a number on all the cars; my truck, girlfriends tahoe, moms suburban or new truck, dads audi and sisters blazer. I still dont have the most complete detail collection to say the least, so what are my priorities of things to get. heres what i can remember I have off hand:

1z UPP, PP, MP, Glanz Wax, Aerosol spray wax

1 Set of Detailersparadise pads, probably need some more of those (Cutting, Polish/cutting, polish, finish)

Meg.`s NXT, Show car glaze, Quik Detailer, 3 step polish

Couple wash mitts (autozone sheepskin deals) should i "upgrade" these? I keep em real clean but how much better are the good ones?

A bunch of 14x14 or so costco MF`s, probably need to regulate these to jamb duty and order some nice high quality MFs

Orange blast/simple green/woolite/Megs Carwash soap/Quik an Easy wash

I lack almost any interior supplies, definitely need help here, especially leather cleaner and carpet shampoo

I need a new shop vac too, i think the older 1.5 hp big craftsman aint cutting it

I have no window supplies either, or trim/tire/wheel treatment for the most part, definitely need help here too

alright guys, what do i need to order up? Gotta get ready for the warm weather and sun :cool:

imported_Burlyq
04-08-2005, 01:41 AM
Where in Cali are you, and do you have a Silverado or an Avalanche?

First off clay-- http://www.autopia-carcare.com/awc-88256.html

Leather cleaner z9 and 10.

Bissel Little green machine

Menzerna IP and FPII or #80

KVLRP to clean rubber and plastic, then finish with z16 for shine-this combo is what I use on ABS, then of course z16 for tires.

The new Z8 leaves a super slick surface on anything, a great topper.

Oh yeah, defintley AIO for door jams, windows, wheels, and paint cleaner.

Your mitts should be good.

NorcalZ71
04-08-2005, 01:57 AM
yea forgot clay, I have one bar but could definitely stand to get another. I have a 94 midnight blue silverado, my mom has a 99 suburban thats soon getting swapped for an 05` 2500HD D-max i think. Im in San Luis Obispo for school, North Bay Area for home.