PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning foam pad after Megs Cleaner/Wax

rw3829
04-07-2005, 10:39 PM
The Meguiars Cleaner Wax is the hardest cleaner I have had to try to clean from a LC polishing pad. It never came out after a long battle under hot water and plenty of wringing. Any ideas?

wannafbody
04-07-2005, 11:13 PM
maybe if you allow the polish to dry and then wash it out it will clean easier

rw3829
04-07-2005, 11:18 PM
I didn`t think about that...Thanks!

thinksnow
04-08-2005, 12:23 AM
It`s been so long since I`ve ordered PC pads. If the LC polishing pad is the white pad, then we have the same one. I`ve run mine through literally countless washing machine cycles with no ill effects (two+= years` worth). The things are obviously impervious to wash cycles (even in hot) so try that route.

Setec Astronomy
04-08-2005, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by rw3829

The Meguiars Cleaner Wax is the hardest cleaner I have had to try to clean from a LC polishing pad. It never came out after a long battle under hot water and plenty of wringing. Any ideas?

You were using detergent of some kind? I always thought the Meg`s cleaner wax was a great quick product, they have recently reformulated it so that it beads more (don`t know if it is really more durable as a result), but you`ll never get it out of the pad with just hot water. Use some dishwash soap, or get some of the LC Snappy pad cleaner. My apologies if you have already done that.

rw3829
04-08-2005, 05:31 PM
Thanks for the help guys...I actually did try some dishwashing detergent, and it did help, but it was as if the heavier loaded portion of the pad (I run a circle bead from center out) was just too soaked in. It did help but the pad is still quite "stained". I do love the cleaner wax for a quick cleaning and have yet to try the re-formulated version as I am still clearing out the older stuff. I may try the washing machine deal but will make that white LC pad my cleaner wax only pad. Thanks again guys!