PDA

View Full Version : My first date with Zaino Z2 Pro

Ed Hartman
04-07-2005, 09:53 PM
Finally had a chance to test out Z2Pro with ZFX (X2) on my 94 Light Blue Accord. (my first experience with any Zaino product.)

(I couldn`t resist the purchase after reading all the Jerry Spinger threads on the board ...LOL...) For paint 10 plus years old it is in very good condition. Menzerna Finish Polish applied with PC white pad followed by Z2Pro with ZFX with red finishing pad. If you can mix your cream and sugar with your coffee you can use ZFX with no problem. Easy on, pretty much easy off. I did the whole car and came back and wiped it all off. Even with ZFX I felt I gave it ample dry time (Sunny, 65 degrees, 1 hour dry time, tested to be sure) It looks very good, very nice gloss and shine. Today it rained for the first time and I was anxious to see the beading. It did not disappoint. Then I wanted to see how fast I had to go before it shed the water on the hood. 35 MPH and it was gone. It passed that test. Now the true test of how long it lasts, we shall see. EARLY in my test of this product, so far two thumbs up.

PS. I am anxious to test Zaino on my Black Conversion van to see how it responds to dark colors. Will do this very soon with IP, FP AND Z2 Pro.

pps. I believe I used 1 1/2 ounces for 2 coats on my 4 door accord for what thats worth.

wannafbody
04-07-2005, 10:11 PM
good review :)

Glossmaster
04-07-2005, 10:18 PM
Hi Ed!

I`m glad to hear of your Zaino experience. I`ll be doing the same thing to my Black truck next week. I love your analogy of mixing cream and sugar. I also got a kick out of you seeing how fast you could go before the rain would shed from your hood. ( that`s funny )

imported_Burlyq
04-07-2005, 10:18 PM
It would be great for all of us if you try FMJ and Z2 on that conversion, just a thought. I know your a FMJ man, I would at least like a comparision. From what I heard I will like FMJ too.

ZaneO
04-08-2005, 02:23 AM
Sounds like a pretty typical experience. Glad you are satisfied so far. Maybe a little heavy on the application, but overall sounds great.

buldog
04-08-2005, 04:32 AM
Just remember that Prep on that Black vehicle is real important.

Z on dark surfaces will make it Pop. :xyxthumbs

Lenny
04-08-2005, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by Ed Hartman

Finally had a chance to test out Z2Pro with ZFX (X2) on my 94 Light Blue Accord. (my first experience with any Zaino product.)

(I couldn`t resist the purchase after reading all the Jerry Spinger threads on the board ...LOL...) For paint 10 plus years old it is in very good condition. Menzerna Finish Polish applied with PC white pad followed by Z2Pro with ZFX with red finishing pad. If you can mix your cream and sugar with your coffee you can use ZFX with no problem. Easy on, pretty much easy off. I did the whole car and came back and wiped it all off. Even with ZFX I felt I gave it ample dry time (Sunny, 65 degrees, 1 hour dry time, tested to be sure) It looks very good, very nice gloss and shine. Today it rained for the first time and I was anxious to see the beading. It did not disappoint. Then I wanted to see how fast I had to go before it shed the water on the hood. 35 MPH and it was gone. It passed that test. Now the true test of how long it lasts, we shall see. EARLY in my test of this product, so far two thumbs up.

PS. I am anxious to test Zaino on my Black Conversion van to see how it responds to dark colors. Will do this very soon with IP, FP AND Z2 Pro.

pps. I believe I used 1 1/2 ounces for 2 coats on my 4 door accord for what thats worth.

I went with AIO x 1 and Z2Pro x 2 on my ten year old Taurus daily driver (dark green metallic), and it turned out great.

http://autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=53499

It drizzled yesterday morning, and you`re 100% right - Z2Pro didn`t disappoint at all.

I`m with you - two thumbs up so far.

:xyxthumbs :xyxthumbs

imported_NHBFAN
04-08-2005, 08:20 AM
So you can use FP or AIO to prep for Z2 PRO?

Ed Hartman
04-08-2005, 08:28 AM
Burlyq, I plan on a head to head test of FMJ vs Zaino. If you want to get a head start on the test, email me and I will send you a 2 ounce sample to try for yourself.

BlkTaco05, thx for the positive response

ZaneO, I think your right, a lil heavy. I`ll make adjustments on the next application.

buldog, thx for the reminder. To do it right it will probobly take me 6-8 hours of prep and 2 Aleeve.