PDA

View Full Version : Long time lurker, first time poster

racerfx
04-07-2005, 08:28 PM
So, I`ve learned quite a bit on here just lurking for a while, but I have finally picked up a PC, LC pads, various Menzerna products and AIO. The question I have is this: I have seen it discussed in the past where AIO was recommended prior to FMJ. It seems like this is the step where one could use the finishing touch glaze. Is there some reason to choose AIO instead? Is it just to avoid the fillers that are in the glaze? Assuming an ideal surface prep, does the AIO just end up looking better?

White95Max
04-07-2005, 08:44 PM
IMO AIO looks great. It makes the finish look a bit wetter/glossier.

It also provides a smooth base for the sealant/wax. There are many other products you could use in place of AIO and have good results (FPII, GEPC...).

Glossmaster
04-07-2005, 08:51 PM
Welcome fellow "Autopian"!!

You might also try the 1Z MP or the SSR`s with your new PC. After prepping/polishing proceed with the Klasse AIO.

Have Fun!!!

Glossmaster
04-07-2005, 08:55 PM
What I forgot to tell you was there`s no substitute for a good washing,claying & polishing prior to the AIO. The AIO makes a great base for many sealants or Carnaubas.

imported_Axe
04-08-2005, 06:49 AM
IMO if you have the menzerana `range` of products, and it sounds like you have then I would not in this case feel the need to use AIO.

racerfx
04-08-2005, 07:31 AM
Yeah, that is really the driving factor for my questions. I currently have the full range of menzerna, but I also have AIO. I guess it is just a matter of if I want fillers or not. Maybe I will try a side by side when I finally get some time to do one of our cars.