PDA

View Full Version : best products for a white car

87maxxima
04-07-2005, 05:11 PM
i just moved to florida and bought an 87 white maxima.i dont think that it was ever waxed or washed for that matter.what products do you guys recomend for cleaning a badly oxidiesd white car and which manner would you apply them? thanks

scott

laefd
04-07-2005, 05:54 PM
Start with a GOOD wash...might have to even do it twice. Then definitely clay - take your time because it`ll definitely take time. AIO to remove the oxidation then tackle the swirls/marring with some SSR`s via PC if you have one. Back to the AIO for final polish and top with some UPP - looks great on white and should bring out the "BRIGHT" pop of the white.

Good luck! Your time, patience and process should give you great results for something so badly neglected - it`ll be worth it.

87maxxima
04-07-2005, 06:21 PM
i dont have a PC yet.does that make a differance in what i apply or could i use the same stuff that was mentioned?

wytstang
04-07-2005, 07:10 PM
(EDIT: I just learned you can use this by hand). I have a white mustang gt and I`m south of you I`m going to wash/clay/AIO/Meg`s #16 these can be done by hand.

White95Max
04-07-2005, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by laefd

Start with a GOOD wash...might have to even do it twice. Then definitely clay - take your time because it`ll definitely take time. AIO to remove the oxidation then tackle the swirls/marring with some SSR`s via PC if you have one. Back to the AIO for final polish and top with some UPP - looks great on white and should bring out the "BRIGHT" pop of the white.

Good luck! Your time, patience and process should give you great results for something so badly neglected - it`ll be worth it.

I agree.

Definitely clay the car before using any products. Then use Klasse AIO to remove the oxidation.

To remove any swirls, I`d recommend the Poorboy`s SSR line. The SSRs will also remove oxidation too.

Topping with UPP is a great choice. I love how UPP looks on my white Maxima. :up

So if you have swirls (it is very likely that you do) you should do this process:

Wash

Clay

SSR

AIO

wytstang
04-07-2005, 07:24 PM
To remove any swirls, I`d recommend the Poorboy`s SSR line. The SSRs will also remove oxidation too.

Does this work without using a pc or do you need one for it to work effectivly(sp?)

White95Max
04-07-2005, 07:26 PM
I removed some scratches with SSR2.5 by hand yesterday. The SSRs (like most polishes) work best by machine, but they will work by hand too. Of course, be prepared to give much more effort into hand polishing as opposed to using a PC.

I`m going to try the SSRs with my new rotary tomorrow. :)

wytstang
04-07-2005, 07:31 PM
O.K I was under the impression you needed a pc for it (swirl/marring removers) to work and doing it by hand was a waste. Cool great to know thanks for the info.

White95Max
04-07-2005, 07:41 PM
Many people say that it`s a waste of time to polish out swirl marks by hand. It takes a long time, and I agree that the money spent on a PC is a very wise investment if you`re planning to remove any swirls in the future.

ntoddalbert
04-07-2005, 08:09 PM
I second UPP, I have a white car and it really gives a great look. I also love Klasse on my car, top either with S100 when im bored and it just glows.

UPP is about as user friendly as can be too

Glossmaster
04-07-2005, 08:36 PM
I agree with what everyone has said. The UPP, Klasse & SSR`s are nice choices. Have you tried the 1Z MP? Works well as prep for sealants. Try Claying, 1Z MP, Klasse Twins topped with P21S!

Kick it up a notch by claying, 1Z Mp & Z2 Pro! ( BAM!!! )

wannafbody
04-07-2005, 11:15 PM
Zaino looks good on white as well as Finish Kare Pink Wax

Blazern00b
04-08-2005, 12:35 AM
I have done 83, 80, 16 on my Jimmy. I really love 16 on it after it has been polished. Very sharp reflections.