PDA

View Full Version : Z8 review and little of Z2 Pro also

imported_RIC
04-06-2005, 12:18 PM
I originally planned on waiting until I did some testing of Z8 on an unwaxed surface but since it has already been released I figured I`d post this mini-review.

I received a 1  oz sample of Z8 with my last order a few weeks ago. HavenÃâ‚â„t really had much of a chance to use it before 2 days ago with all of the rain we are having lately. I have also finally had a chance to try the new Z2Pro and find that it has improved significantly-seems more glossier, slicker and user friendly. Applied a single Z2pro mixed with ZFX coat with 1 ounce and had some leftover so I applied it to all the outside windows also. This new Z2Pro was extremely easy to remove both on the paint and glass. Not that the older formula was difficult to remove but there were a few times I had areas that required extra buffing. One note: The ZFX mixed Z2 Pro bottle was difficult to clean out unlike the last version of Z2. I needed to use dishwashing liquid to thoroughly clean it.

I applied Z8 by spritzing it on a panel and spreading it with a microfiber applicator and followed that by buffing with a clean microfiber towel. As I was applying it I really did not see any difference between it and Z6. But after about 10 minutes it seemed like the shine started to pop bringing it to an even higher levelÃâ‚Âmaybe some crosslinking happensÃâ‚Âmaybe it was just my imaginationÃâ‚ÂI have no pictures to prove or disprove what I observed. Maybe others who have sampled it will chime in. I used slightly more than  ounce on a full size vehicle. The sprayer on the sample bottle puts out a fine mist and I was able to apply it very sparingly. I like that spray head much better than the one that comes with Z6. I really like Z8 and have already placed an order for 2 bottles of it this morning.

All that said I have mixed feelings when it comes to Ãâ‚Å“needingÃâ‚Â the new Z8 spray sealant. For people with discriminating tastes and willing to pay for it they will want it no matter whatÃâ‚ÂI would definitely recommend it if you are someone who uses Zaino and shows your car at car shows.

For the person who is most concerned about durability above all else and is happy with the shine they have already may find Z8 to be an unnecessary add-on and not worth the expense.

Some people may find that it is not worth the cost while I am sure others will really like it. It seems to me that it takes the shine to a higher level.

I have no durability findings and may not get any unless I apply it to someone elseÃâ‚â„s vehicle. I am finding that both the Z2Pro and Z8 are so easy to apply and remove IÃâ‚â„ll probably re-apply way more often then is necessary negating any way to measure durability.

My review is certainly incomplete as I did not try the Z8 spray sealant on an unwaxed/unsealed surface and also did no durability testing.

I will say that so far I am very impressed with both the Z2Pro and Z8.

Glossmaster
04-07-2005, 06:10 PM
Thanks for the info!

imported_Burlyq
04-07-2005, 06:16 PM
Another benefit I feel it adds is the slickness. Pro is a deep gloss sealant that appears pretty good to me on it`s own, but doesn`t necessarilty leave the slickest surface. When you hit the panel with Z8 the surface is incredibly slick.

imported_memnuts
04-07-2005, 06:24 PM
Nice Review RIC. :bow

RIC did you enjoy the aroma of the Z8 and did you notice any streaking or hazying?

I found the lack of hazying, zero streaking and the miniscule amount needed to complete the job (1/8 oz Z28 Convertible, 1/4 oz for LS and 1/3 oz for FS SUV) were 3 wonderful features of Z8.

imported_RIC
04-07-2005, 06:55 PM
Z8 smells pretty good...it has a mild, nice smelling perfume type of scent, I like the smell better than that of Z6.

I didn`t notice any streaking or hazing, but to be fair, I used it on a white vehicle.

It did seem to bring slickness up to a higher level also.

Did anyone else observe whether it seemed to increase in shine a few minutes later after application and buffing?

wannafbody
04-07-2005, 10:52 PM
Zaino rocks:D

Mochamanz1
04-07-2005, 10:56 PM
Nice review, I wish you had used the Z8 instead of Z6, as I plan to do.... I wonder what that will do. I have used Sonus acrylic spray instead of Z6 with exellent results. I wonder if the Z8 will do ad good as I think it will. Durability is not important to me as long as it can withstand the rain a "few days". LOL ! My budget includes a lot of stuff that I want , not need, so I feel fortunate to be able to endulge myself.:bounce

Scottwax
04-07-2005, 11:07 PM
Great initial review, RIC!

I`d have agree about Z2 Pro. It wipes off as easily as anything I`ve used and had a much wetter look than I expected. More than 4 months, lots of rain and several tunnel car washes and it is still going strong on my brother`s van.

thinksnow
04-08-2005, 12:02 AM
I like the smell better than that of Z6.

REMARKABLE. If this is the case, I`ll buy it simply for the odor:D

I`ve noticed that Z2-Pro is much easier to remove than it`s older brother or Z5. Neither of the relatives are difficult to remove, but in areas where too much was applied (user error), the Z2-Pro was GONE after a simple wipe.

Zaino rocks

Regardless of the tongue-in-cheek nature of the post, the truth behind the statement is bulletproof.

imported_RIC
04-08-2005, 06:31 AM
Originally posted by mochamanz

Nice review, I wish you had used the Z8 instead of Z6, as I plan to do.... I wonder what that will do.

I am not sure what you mean by this because I did use Z8...maybe you meant to say "instead of Z2Pro".

And if that is the case I guess it will depend on what is on the surface beforehand/general surface condition. I don`t think Z8 is really meant to be a standalone sealant.

X-Trail
04-08-2005, 07:16 AM
I wonder if Z8 can be diluted like Z6.

ZaneO
04-08-2005, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by X-Trail

I wonder if Z8 can be diluted like Z6.

Sal did not recommend diluting Z8.

imported_Jinba ittai
04-08-2005, 03:03 PM
I will be picking up some Z8 tomorrow. I have everything else in preparation for the first Zaino detailing of the repaint and I think I`d be constantly thinking "What if I used Z8?" if I didn`t make the plunge. I plan to use it to top things off when I actually detail the car and continue to use Z6 as a QD. I`ll play it by ear. I`ll start off with one bottle and if I love the stuff I`ll get more. If it`s going to pop, bright red clearcoat will definitely make it pop. :p

This will also be the first time I`ve checked out the Z-2Pro. I have an almost full bottle of "old" Z2 but once again my curiousity got the best of me so I bought the Pro.

Yes, I`m incorrigible. :D