PDA

View Full Version : Clay, carnuba wax, then what????

Shane24
12-05-2004, 03:38 PM
I need the most shine i can get. If i use the megs NXT next would that be my best bet. Also, i can`t get rid of swirl marks for the life of me. Do i need a high powered buffer or is there a certain process?? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

mtodde
12-05-2004, 03:51 PM
Topping a carnuba with NXT would remove most of the carnuba and at would also leave you with bonding issues which means your durability would suffer. If you want to top with NXT skip the carnuba...or you could top NXT with a carnuba like Megs # 16.

Simply claying and waxing will not remove swirls however you may temporarily fill them if you use a cleaner wax. You can use the Poorboy`s SSRs by hand...they do work better with a PC, but will work by hand. I`d recommend either SSR 1 or PwC or a good paint cleaning lotion like Sonus, Pinnacle or P21S GEPC after removing the swirls before you use your LSP.

Shane24
12-05-2004, 05:29 PM
TY i will give a shot

Jngrbrdman
12-05-2004, 05:54 PM
If you need to get swirls out then you are going to need a machine like a Porter Cable. There is just no way around that one. NXT is nice because it fills swirls and does have some mild abrasives in it. It won`t remove all of your swirls, but it might help. The other products that mtodde suggested are great as well. Light abrasives are easier to work with by hand, but swirl removal is still best if done by a machine. Its just very physically challenging to generate the speed and heat that it takes to break down abrasives to a swirl removing potential. I`ve got more advice here at OCDetails.com (http://www.ocdetails.com/html/detailing_guide.html). That goes into more of what I feel the whole process involves.