PDA

View Full Version : Rate my products. (new member)

imported_cooper58
04-05-2005, 08:55 PM
O.K. guysI`ve been checking the site out for about a month now and I`ve got my PC and Sonus kit and I need someone to tell me what products I have are worth using. I have been holding out on the AIO and other stuff everyone raves about since it`s not locally available. Here is what I have and could someone recommend some steps with the products I have. THANKS!!!!!

Blue Ribbon (1500 Buffing Creme)

Showcar- Wonder cut (systhetic cutting compound)

3M -SuperDuty (Rubbing Compound)

3M -Finessee-it 2 (Finishing Material)

3M -Swirl Mark Remover

3M -Hand Glaze

3M -Liquid Wax

3M -Cleaner Wax

Meguiar`s (Hi-Tech Yellow wax #26)

Meguiar`s (Show car glaze #7)

Meguiar`s (NXT)

Meguiar`s (Gold Class-paste wax)

Glossequation
04-06-2005, 08:12 AM
I will tell you that 3M SMR is pretty useless. It fills and does not remove. 3M`s polishes are very good, they have more aggressive polishes that do the work of swirl removal while giving you a very nicely prepped surface ready for wax. You could go from FI II finishing material right to a wax. Speaking of waxes, I really like #26 and I think most here would agree.

My routine is:

3M FCRC if swirls are bad (with cutting pad - though I am going to try it this Spring with a polishing pad to see if I can remove heavy swirling without hazing the paint)

3M PI III Machine Glaze (to remove hazing from FCRC or if swirls are moderate to light, with a polishing pad)

Meg`s #16 or #26 to finish

imported_cooper58
04-06-2005, 09:02 AM
Thanks for the reply!

vdog0531
04-06-2005, 09:14 AM
not bad for off the shelf.

Vernon