PDA

View Full Version : Resume help...

FlatFourRS
04-05-2005, 06:05 PM
Hey guys and girls, my name is Willie and ive been reading in the Autopia forum for over a year now, and ive found you guy to be VERY helpful. Ive been detailing for a detail shop for a little over 2 years now but unfortunately they are closing due to some building permits that were not completed. I currently work for a retail company as a supervisor and was working at the detail shop part time. I know want to pursue detailing as a full time job. Ive thought it over and over and over and its what i want to do, its my passion and it would be great to do it for a living. I understand that the pay isnt always the greatest when working for others but im just happier when im detailing.

Well ive been trying to work on my resume but i am stuck on what to put down for what i did as a detailer... it all seem to be obvious. Can you guys and girls please help me out with this. ANY help, ideas, or direction will be HIGHLY appreciated.

Willie

stilez
04-05-2005, 06:08 PM
Willie,

Here`s what I have on my resume for my detailing venture. I don`t know how formatted it will come out, but oh well.

DETAILING BY EXECUTIVE Shoreham, NY

President

- Onsite Automobile and Marine detailing/cleaning service.

- Developed business cards, complete website, clientele listing, invoices, vehicle assessment sheets and various flyers for mailing lists, repeat customers, seasons, and specific occasions.

- Specialized in high customer relations leading to many brand loyal customers and referrals.

Spilchy
04-06-2005, 02:18 PM
Hi Willie

Sorry to hear about the shop closing.

At the beginig of your resume after your job objective, list your personal characteristics in a profile summary (hard working, enthusiastic, passionate about detailing, etc...)

List a summary of qualifications outlined below:

List the companies whose products you are familiar with (Meguiars, 3M, Auto magic, etc...)

List the equipment your are proficient in (rotary, random orbital, cyclo, extractor, etc...)

List any special abilities you may have (dent removal, glass repair, wet sanding, carpet dying, etc...)

List any supervisory experience you may have in delegating responsibilities to others.

List your experience demonstrating your ability in dealing with clients and high priced cars.

Obviously list the company name, the dates you worked there and your title (if you had one).

If you need a detailing resume, then you need to create one geared around detailing as the main focal point. Also, do not forget to list the other jobs you have or had and see how they can possibly help you stand out from other workers in the detailing industry. You`re obviously a supervisor now for a retail company - that`s great - use that supervisory experience to yur advantage when you do your detailing resume.

So an outline would look like:

Name, Address, phone number, cell number, e-mail

Job Objective

Profile Summary

Qualifications

Work Experience

References

Once you have something put together, feel free to post it and I`m sure we`ll all chip in to get it looking great!

Nothing beats finding a job that you are passionate about and look forward to doing. Not many people can say that. Glad to help you in that regard! :up

FlatFourRS
04-07-2005, 12:28 PM
Thanks a lot guys im done with my resume and it looks great.