PDA

View Full Version : Spring is Here, Might have Waxed too early

STI_Jaguar
04-05-2005, 04:18 PM
Ok, so I have a blue Subaru WRX. I drove it a little bit during the 4 winter months.

As soon as the weather warmed I went out and immediately washed and waxed my car with S100. Now I am wondering if I had rushed into this job.

I am thinking that I should have used a wax cleaner first like Zymol (to remove last season`s wax) and then applied the S100? But I decided to ask this question on autopia before proceeding.

I would like to start over but I am not sure what to do next. I also saw a bunch of variety of different Mother`s/Meguirres waxes and cleaners but now unsure of what to use.

What should I do- what is the best procedure now to get the best shine out of my car?....

MongooseGA
04-05-2005, 04:26 PM
http://bettercarcare.com/topics.php?topicId=17

Read all of these. If you still have questions, we`ll be here :)

Good luck. Nice car :cool:

STI_Jaguar
04-05-2005, 04:43 PM
Now I am more confused in some aspects after reading this. They described wonderfully what every aspect of the cleaning process is, but they do not tell you the order or the process in which you should start.

1. Do I wash or clay my car first??

2. So before waxing with S100/NXT combo.......do I use a wax cleaner first? (remeber, I just waxed my car last week- and probably shouldn`t).

3. Polishing, is this the same as using the Wax Cleaner? (I do know that you need to polish before you wax). Where does Polishing and using the wax cleaner come in?

vdog0531
04-05-2005, 04:46 PM
are you sure you read all that?

MongooseGA
04-05-2005, 04:52 PM
Did you open the full articles? It says right in the clay article to clean and dry the car before claying.

Here`s a basic rundown of a paint detail.

Wash.

Clay

Wash again if you`d like to. If you keep the paint clean and the lube from running, you won`t have to rewash.

Paint cleaners are sort of like clay. They don`t really do much for defect removal.

Polish. This is what removes your paint defects like swirls.

Seal if you want.

Wax if you didn`t seal. If you did seal, you can still wax anyway.

The link in my sig will download the official book to detailing that you can save on your computer.

STI_Jaguar
04-05-2005, 04:52 PM
I am more curious about the process. .....rather than technique.

I have an idea...but I don`t want to start unless it is 100% confirmed. I dont want to assume anything and leave it to chance that maybe I should have done this first or that first.

STI_Jaguar
04-05-2005, 04:54 PM
thanks mongoose

holland_patrick
04-05-2005, 05:13 PM
Sti where are you from Being that you had a winter you must be from up north some where.

If some one is near ya they might beable to help ya our at least you can see what a pro can do.

STI_Jaguar
04-05-2005, 05:31 PM
I think I got it.

-wash, clay, wax cleaner, polish, synthetic wax, brazil wax. And I should get some pretty good shine.

Last week, I foolishy went and washed/waxed the car right after a winter.

Should take me all 5 hours.

the other pc
04-05-2005, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by STI_Jaguar

...Last week, I foolishy went and washed/waxed the car right after a winter.. Don`t worry, it`s never foolish to wash and wax (unless you use bad technique).

PC.

MongooseGA
04-05-2005, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by STI_Jaguar

I think I got it.

-wash, clay, wax cleaner, polish, synthetic wax, brazil wax. And I should get some pretty good shine.

Last week, I foolishy went and washed/waxed the car right after a winter.

Should take me all 5 hours.

Wax cleaner as in pre-wax cleaner? The polishing will take care of this for you.

You might try something like Klasse All-in-One as a sealant base. use this after the polish and before your natural wax (with NO cleaners!).