PDA

View Full Version : washing mf towels

Pages : [1] 2

Blackmirror
04-05-2005, 04:14 PM
Do you sort your mf towels before washing them? Like if you wash all your cheaper towels for dirtier jobs separately from washing your good(QDing, polishing, buffing) towels. Or do you just like to dump all your MF towels and do one wash cycle?

bufferman71
04-05-2005, 04:30 PM
I dump all mine in the washer (when my wifes not home), then dump in 2 packets of snappy clean as a detergent, wash warm, and they come out perfect.

Wasatch
04-05-2005, 04:35 PM
I wash them all together as well, I use Tide Free Liquid.

RCBuddha
04-05-2005, 11:17 PM
I seperate, then use Charlies Liquid Laundry detergent in a hot wash; then tumble dry on low.

termigator
04-05-2005, 11:21 PM
I wash them all together in cold with any available liquid detergent. I then throw them in the dryer and tumble dry with no heat for about an hour and a half. Comes out dry and perfect.

drock
04-05-2005, 11:39 PM
how big are your loads usually. when i do my towels i feel that even on "small" load i feel like im wasting water and electricity. anyone hand wash?

MS22
04-06-2005, 12:50 AM
Three seperate washes:

1) wax, polish, QD towels

2) window, drying towels

3) others: door jamb, engine, wheel towels

All three are washed with Tide Free as mentioned above but I add white vinegar to the wash. 1 and 2 are warm/warm/cold, 3 is hot/hot/cold.

Asonyexec
04-06-2005, 12:57 AM
Drock -

I`m not a MF user but my neighbor is and this is what he does to clean his small amt of MFs used. Fills a bucket with water, adds a little detergent (he has used both dawn & tide lliquid). sticks them all in there and agitates them for a bit to loosen up the dirt. then he rinses them a few times and hang dries them in his garage.

He uses maybe 3-6 MFs depending on if he`s applying wax or simply washing and drying then washes them.

Maybe not as modern as using a washer but it saves a lot of water and energy.

boywonder
04-06-2005, 05:48 AM
I`ve used Der Wnder Wasche to wash my MFs by hand and then air dry them.

White95Max
04-06-2005, 08:31 AM
Good MFs (used on paint and exterior glass only) - wash separately in the washer with Woolite / cold water. Machine dry until they`re just a little damp.

Good MFs (used for QEW washing) - washed by hand in a bucket with Woolite / warm water after each use. Hang to dry.

Cheapo WalMart MFs (used for interiors, grunge work) - washed separately in the washer with cold water and regular liquid laundry detergent. Use dryer on low heat to dry until just damp.

SilverLexus
04-06-2005, 04:28 PM
Charlies Soap, Wunder Wasche, and Pinnacle MF Rejuvenator are my top 3 washes for MF.

I really want to try the new PakShak soap product as well.

DetailQueen
04-06-2005, 07:54 PM
I use Pinnacle MF rejuv. or Micro Restore, I wash them together about once a week.

imported_Sullybob
04-06-2005, 08:25 PM
Throw them all in the washing machine on hot I use Tide liquid soap and I put vinegar in the final rinse. Then dry them in the dryer.

Blackmirror
04-06-2005, 08:35 PM
All good advice!:up

Anyone ever use Oxiclean to clean mf towels?

Glossmaster
04-07-2005, 01:28 PM
You know what`s amazing? We`re all detailing nuts!!! We even have different ways to detail our mf`s!

What a great website!!!!!