PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta, Georgia Detailing Meet Sunday, May 1st

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

SilverLexus
04-04-2005, 08:16 PM
Friends,

It appears we have secured the Ferrier`s Pavilion at Wills Park in Alpharetta, Georgia for our first Southeast Detailing Meet. I decided to start this new thread since the last was full of dated information.

Our plan is to meet from 2-4PM at the Pavilion which is close to the parking lot behind the stables at the Equestrian Center at Wills Park. We will post directions shortly but it is close to Old Milton Parkway (GA 400, Exit 10) and Wills Road.

The Pavilion will allow us plenty of room to detail two cars in case of rain and has electric, water, and flourescent lights.

We are working on a final agenda but we look to have the following secured:

***Overview of Quality Detailing - a quick overview of state-of-the-art process to bring people new to detailing up to speed.

***Nick Carberry of Adam`s Polishes will be a guest speaker and go over some polishing techniques.

***Mike (1 Clean WS6) from Sweating the Details will discuss some of the tricks of the pro detailing trade.

***Vendor Products Raffle. I have secured some products to give away ina raffle at the event.

We are also working with Forrest Tosie of Mother`s for an event later in the Spring. I hope to have some information soon once I firm up dates for the second event.

We are also working on a special tour of Ferrari of Atlanta which we will post later.

I need your help...please let me know if you can attend and what other things you might like to see in terms of technique.

This will allow us to have a headcount for the event for planning purposes. All detailing enthusiasts are welcome and we hope that those living in nearby states that want to attend can make it.

1 Clean WS6
04-04-2005, 08:44 PM
:woot: :woot: :woot:

You the man Lee!! Thanks for all your effort in getting this shindig together.

mbs17
04-04-2005, 09:09 PM
LEE, Thanks, and count me in!

michael

mav63
04-05-2005, 06:42 AM
Looking forward to being there and learning. Thanks for putting this together for us.

AutoNova
04-05-2005, 07:11 AM
Looks Fun, I will need to get directions from Chattanooga. Let me know whatever I can contribute or bring.

imported_KevinA
04-05-2005, 08:13 AM
Wow! I`m looking forward to this, count me in!

I may be able to bring my son with me. Which gets back to offering my car as a "test vehicle". He got my lowering springs installed last weekend and washed my car with "the brush" at a DIY wash center. That, the bad paint and the over-spray on the roof from the last accident repair.

SilverLexus
04-05-2005, 09:01 AM
Thanks folks.

Kevin, we may consider your car for a test vehicle. :)

russell336
04-05-2005, 09:17 AM
While I plan on being there I do have a few questions for you in regards to this event.

1) is this going to be a hands on type of event or is it more of watching someone else do the work?

2) are you going to need more than one test vehicle? I know KevinA has offered his car and if needed I would like to offer my truck. It has been neglected lately and I can hold off a few more weeks if it can be of use. It has many swirls and some minor scratching and chip in the paint and it is black.

3) Is there an area where we can detail our cars before or after the class?

4) Do we need to bring any of our own products?

I have never been to anything like this so I really don`t know what to expect.

Thanks,

WS6 7902
04-05-2005, 09:23 AM
Thanks for putting this together! I am looking forward to this.

SilverLexus
04-05-2005, 10:40 AM
Gary,

Here are some answers:

1) is this going to be a hands on type of event or is it more of watching someone else do the work?

***undecided, probably a combination of both.

2) are you going to need more than one test vehicle? I know KevinA has offered his car and if needed I would like to offer my truck. It has been neglected lately and I can hold off a few more weeks if it can be of use. It has many swirls and some minor scratching and chip in the paint and it is black.

***It`s a possibility, we are looking at options.

3) Is there an area where we can detail our cars before or after the class?

***Yes, there is a big parking lot nearby but the running water may be found at the Pavilion

4) Do we need to bring any of our own products?

***If you do your own car, you should bring supplies. We don`t have enough products for a full detailing for everyone, just the 2 cars we will work on.

TW85 HHI
04-05-2005, 07:26 PM
What hotels are nearby?

Kanchou
04-05-2005, 07:38 PM
i would rather attend an event that i walk away with usable skills as a novice than watch someone super-skilled whip out some amazing product or technique...

SilverLexus
04-05-2005, 07:39 PM
Greg,

I will see what is available...do you want something inexpensive?

TW85 HHI
04-05-2005, 07:45 PM
I don`t know if I will be able to come up but if so, $75-100/night would have to be the max. It really depends on what that would get for a hotel (I know some towns are bargains while others are expensive).

MongooseGA
04-05-2005, 08:07 PM
Hmm... what would I like to see at the meet?

I`d like to see you bring it to VA! ;)

Sounds like it`ll be a great time. Be sure to take lots of pictures of it! Especially the Ferrari Dealer.