PDA

View Full Version : Lucas Liquid Polish

ccreamer
04-04-2005, 12:14 PM
I was in Pep Boys to pick up some of the new Mother`s products and I ran across this polish made by Lucas Oil. I swear by their fuel additive, transmission fluid additive - others as well. I haven`t found a bad product from them yet so I thought I would give it a try - it was $9.99 for a 16oz bottle.

Without opening it, I noticed that the polish was very liquid - almost felt like water as I shook the bottle. On the way home I popped the cap open to get a whiff of it and the first thing that came to my mind was Clearkote Vanilla Moose - smells almost exactly like it. Now my curiositiy was truly getting to me because the consistency was almost the same. From the Lucas Oil website, here is the description (http://www.lucasoil.com/products/display_products.sd?iid=51&catid=2&loc=show):

Lucas Liquid Polish

Lucas Liquid Polish cleans, conditions and protects all painted, chromed and glass surfaces instantley and effortlessly. It leaves a shine second to none. Great for any vehicle.

Key Benefits:

Quick & Easy

Clear Coat Safe

UV Protection

Use in Sun or Shade

Removes Road Tar and Rubber Marks

I only was able to try it very quickly on my a portion of my neighbor`s hood (I`m sure they will love the fact that I did 1/2 of their hood - at least I washed the whole hood :D ). I`ve gotta say - for a quick 10 minute try out - this stuff is almost exactly like vanilla moose. I tried it on the plastic trim that goes up to the windshield (under the wipers) as well as chrome and glass and it seemed to perform the same as VM.

Has anyone else tried this product?

fwiw - I am in no way associated with Lucas Oil or any of thier distributors. I just think they make great products and this one really suprised me, being that it was a bit out of thier core competence.

Let me know your thoughts.

Cory

HumSki
04-04-2005, 01:31 PM
ccreamer,

I am the Team Manager for a Professional Off-Road Truck Race Team. We are fully sponsored by Lucas Oil and we too love all their products. As we travel and race cross country, we are amazed to hear the positive testimonials (like yours) we get frequently. From what I understand, the Lucas Liquid Polish has been out only for a short time with limited distribution. You may see its distribution increase as word gets out. Although Lucas Oil is primarily focused on Oil and Fuel additives, you will see additional products like this come out to support their whole automotive portfolio. Based on Lucas`s high quality products, I trust you will see the same for Lucas Liquid Polish. Lucas will not introduce a product like this unless it`s top notch.

I too plan to use this product soon. Any additional comments you have regarding Lucas Liquid Polish I will gladly pass on to the right folks at Lucas Oil. When I get additional info, I will PM you.

As you can see I just joined Autopia and plan to learn from the Pros.

BTW. We race a series called "CORR" (Championship Off-Road Racing) seen on SPEEDTV weekly. We also run a Trophy Truck in the SCORE desert series (i.e. Baja 1000 etc). My driver is Carl Renezeder.

www.TeamRenezeder.com

Thanks for using Lucas Oil.

Frank Hahn "Humski" newbie.

Mochamanz1
04-04-2005, 08:27 PM
Ok, I went to the Lucas site, but there is no information about the polish specs. What type of polish is this? Polymer, carnauba, some mix of different types of polishing agent?

EDIT: I asked my local auto parts dealer (lucas Distributor) to order some polish so I could try it out. Maybe in a week or two I will find out if it is good. I also swear by Lucas products. Nothing at Pep Boys BTW.

ccreamer
04-04-2005, 08:32 PM
I swear, this stuff is exactly like Vanilla Moose, the texture of the polish itself is a bit more watery, but the way it smells, looks, cleans, goes on, comes off - even the way it separates when you leave it sitting. Makes glass, plastic, chrome and paint look good - it is just a bit cheaper than VM.

I`d love for Scottwax to try some out and let me know his thoughts (since he is in the area, he should be able to get it too).

Cory

Scottwax
04-04-2005, 10:33 PM
I just picked up a bottle of Lucas Fuel Injector Cleaner and didn`t notice any polish. I have to run by Pep Boys and stock up on some more Long Haul Truck Gloss (works great mixed with QEW) so I`ll see if they have it.

I can also ask Everett about it too. I know he allows relabling.

RdRover
04-17-2008, 12:13 AM
I know this is a three year old thread but I am still wondering if anybody ever did any more test on Lucas Liquid Polish. Durability, slickness etc. I have a bottle that I want to try out and wondered if anybody had any experience or feedback to the product.

thom
04-17-2008, 12:00 PM
this product is very similar to DER shinney stuf and an aio .very liquidy and stong chemical smell.great for wheels put it in a spray bottle.spray and wipe

Alfisti
04-19-2008, 12:31 PM
I don`t think Scott ever got back on this one.;)

GoudyL
05-19-2009, 12:02 AM
Nope, another year and still no news.

I will put in a plug for Lucas Slick Mist, which is a spray wax/QD. It comes as milky blue/white liquid and buffs out to very nice shine. One very neat feature (probably related to the silicone chemistry) is that the shine fully develops over the next 24hr`s or so as the product air cures. Spooky.

longdx
05-19-2009, 04:41 PM
@Goudy:

Based on my experience using Lucas Oil products, I sprung for 2 bottles of Slick Mist (very nice QD, excellent gloss and slickness) and Lucas Liquid Polish. Lucas Liquid Polish works well. It is a paint cleaner, mild polish and protectant. Negatives were a strong chemical smell and very mild corrective abilities. All in all, not bad for an AIO. I do not think that Lucas really advertises/markets this much but it is a decent product. I`ll have to try this again on my beater truck ( I did a full correction earlier this year and post a writeup)

GoudyL
07-03-2009, 12:23 AM
@Goudy:

Based on my experience using Lucas Oil products, I sprung for 2 bottles of Slick Mist (very nice QD, excellent gloss and slickness) and Lucas Liquid Polish. Lucas Liquid Polish works well. It is a paint cleaner, mild polish and protectant. Negatives were a strong chemical smell and very mild corrective abilities. All in all, not bad for an AIO. I do not think that Lucas really advertises/markets this much but it is a decent product. I`ll have to try this again on my beater truck ( I did a full correction earlier this year and post a writeup)

Who carries this product in stores? I`ve looked everywhere for it, and have not found it.

So far, the only place I`ve seen that stocks Lucas Slick Mist is Advanced Auto Parts.

longdx
07-03-2009, 02:47 PM
@GoudyL:

I too have only seen it stocked in Advance auto parts and only one store at that. It does mystify me that Lucas does Zero advertising for this product. I agree that Slick Mist is a very good QD (pretty much between that and UQD as my go to QD) and is stocked at my local Advance Auto parts. I will still try to do a write-up on Lucas Liquid Polish this coming week.

SilverQx4
10-07-2009, 05:55 PM
Lucas Slick mist just went on sale at advance for 6.99. Good price for a good product, and you get alot of it ( 24oz )

longdx
10-07-2009, 06:29 PM
@silverqx4:

Excellent, I really do like Lucas QD, especially after several hours the paint just radiates.