PDA

View Full Version : Zaino and spring cleanup

imported_pdsterns
04-03-2005, 11:29 AM
Used Zaino in the fall and it held up very well over the winter but now I notice some swirls and holograms on the car and want to clean those up and reapply Zaino. So can I clean up the the problem areas with one of the Poorboys SSR`s and go right back to Zaino or do I have do the whole strip thing and start over?

SilverBelle04
04-03-2005, 11:39 AM
Zaino has held up very well over the 5 months of winter up here for me too.

I`d suggest stripping it down and going from a freshly prepared base overall to have even protection/coats all over.

That`s what i`m doing to mine.

Bob .

ZaneO
04-03-2005, 11:49 AM
If you are polishing the paint, it will remove all wax/sealant.

Intercooled
04-03-2005, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by ZaneO

If you are polishing the paint, it will remove all wax/sealant.

You can do the dawn thing if you like, but its not really necassary if your going to polish.

imported_pdsterns
04-03-2005, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Intercooled

You can do the dawn thing if you like, but its not really necassary if your going to polish.

and are the poorboys products oil free so I can go right to zaino after pc work?

Intercooled
04-03-2005, 12:32 PM
I`m not sure about poorboys polishes, I dont think they have any oils. But I do know that AIO is an excellent base for Zaino. Must people on here would agree with that. I would suggest your Poorboys polishes followed by AIO then your Z process.

Someone will chime in on your PB polish question.

imported_pdsterns
04-03-2005, 12:41 PM
I`m looking for the quick way!! I really don`t want to go around the car anymore times than I have too. I agree the AIO would make a good base but that would be twice around the car with the buffer.

04BlackAV
04-03-2005, 01:51 PM
You should be able to go from the SSR`s right to Zaino if you wan`t.I think the squeaky clean prep for Zaino is a bit of a myth.I`ve had ColorX under Zaino all winter and it held up just fine.

dogma
04-03-2005, 02:21 PM
Mostly everything has oil. Use what you want and just wash after with Z7

I used #80 then Z5 then Z2 pro with no problems. I do at some point want to try AIO. Any one want to trade me AIO for blackfire?

ZaneO
04-03-2005, 02:22 PM
In my experience, you can go straight from Zaino after Poorboy`s SSRs.

Mochamanz1
04-03-2005, 09:39 PM
My question is, the concern about oils in polishes. Arent the abrasives the active ingredient in polishes of all types? Menzerna , most other polishes use oil in an emulsion dont they? Maybe the concern about cleansing the paint has more to do with removing contaminants not related to polishing the paint. In my experience, sealants seem to be quite forgiving concerning the polishes used to condition the paint. I dont remember how many times I have used Z over AIO, or other products over a variety of polishes. I always feel confident that any sealant I use will be just fine over most any polish including stuff like(cleaning polish/sealants) Finish First, LG. I like to try most anything. Of course I do not explicitly give a 6 month guarantee either ;) But I have no complaints....

Jesstzn
04-03-2005, 09:57 PM
I think if you have a problem area after winter .. you prolly have a whole car thats a problem area .. I think under the right light your going to see everything you have .. Your color might just not be showing it well ..

As careful as I am washing it during the winter and not letting snow sit on it to be brushed off, under the right light my car is full of micro marring ..

Take a good light and look it over .. it will save a dissapointment down the line of finding the other marring and realizing you have wasted all that good Zaino and the application time.

I looked at mine the other day under a magnifyer incandesent desk lamp .. its scary ... It showed things the 1000W halogen didn`t.

wannafbody
04-03-2005, 10:27 PM
Colorx under Zaino-interesting-sounds as if Colorx is more verstile than a lot think even if it does have TS oils