PDA

View Full Version : Pads for PC

GregCavi
12-04-2004, 12:14 PM
HEllo

I was wondering what everyone uses for pads for a pc. I am looking for a package deal that comes with a variety, without out breaking the bank. Also do you guys only use one product on one pad. For instance one bad is only for poorboys polish?

Thanks

GREG

Bob
12-04-2004, 12:19 PM
I don`t use just one pad per product. I would have 100 pads by now. LOL I just make sure to clean the pads out really well before using another product with it. I clean my pads after every use anyway.

probegt
12-04-2004, 01:21 PM
I use the pads from Meguiars. They seem to do great for me. You can to polishing pads and a finishing pad on their web site for like 22 bucks.

Dr Groove
12-04-2004, 03:28 PM
Hey Greg, my favroite pads are Lake Country.
Currently SMP is having a 25% off sale including all his pads.
You can`t have too many pads or MF towels.
Check out his site

http://www.specialtymotoring.com

Scott is a good guy !

Fallguy
12-04-2004, 04:00 PM
I have LC pad`s, but have not had a chance to try them yet. I got them direct from LC , but they don`t sell retail so you should go through someone like SMP to get them.

I`ve also used Meguiars pad`s and like them alot.

I ordered some Edge pads and returned them , because I did`nt like the hole on the middle (crap catcher IMO) and did`nt like how thin the were or the fact of the hard edge either. I have heard great thing`s about them , but just were not for my style of detailing/preference.

GregCavi
12-04-2004, 06:26 PM
Hey Greg, my favroite pads are Lake Country.
Currently SMP is having a 25% off sale including all his pads.
You can`t have too many pads or MF towels.
Check out his site

http://www.specialtymotoring.com

Scott is a good guy !

Thanks ALot for the help

GREG

SilverLexus
12-04-2004, 07:28 PM
I like Sonus and Megs Softbuff, but my faves are Lake Country. I bought 3 from Scott at SMP earlier, $7.46 after discount. Terrific deal.

I find their pads are extra durable and seem to be built to the highest level of manufacture. I like the variable contour on the PC also...seems to work better on swirl remover and other polishing chores.

Luv-N-It
12-05-2004, 07:06 AM
Do a search in product review. I use the new Edge 2000 pads. The pluses are centered each time, quick connect system (big time savings doing this), double sided, and the enitre pad has constant surface contact, not partial. I have great results using these w/my pc. Will get some excessive vibration at 5-1/2-6 speeds.

If you get these pads, buy the PC-7336. If you buy the PC 7224, make sure you get the 6oz. counter weight to balance these pads correctly.

Aaron@IAP
12-14-2004, 11:13 AM
FallGuy,
Please clarify if the pads you disliked were classic velcro attaching or Edge2000 double sided?

Thanks,

Aaron