PDA

View Full Version : Costco APC???

Pages : [1] 2 3

JaCkaL829
12-04-2004, 12:12 PM
Last night I took a ride over to my Costco to look around and naturally I went to the Automotive section. I was little disappointed when they didn`t have any Armor All and they have newly designed Eurow MF which include 4 more per pack but don`t come close to the softness and plushness of the older ones. Anyway the main reason I went there was to look for some of their APC that i`ve been reading about. So I went to the other side by the general cleaners and found a gallon w/ a 32 oz spray bottle attached to it of Kirkland Multipurpose Cleaner. It was in a clear container and the cleaner had a slime green color. I`m just wondering if this is the same cleaner that everyone has been using with sucessful results??? If so its priced pretty cheap and I can get it pretty easily. TIA

Beemerboy
12-04-2004, 12:25 PM
I use there APC and degreaser all the time its great and the cost is good. I would buy suggest it to anyone looking for quality and cost savings

roadchief
12-04-2004, 01:10 PM
The Costco near me has "oil eater cleaner degreaser apc" in the automotive section. It is in a gal container with a free spray bottle. it is in a white plastic container so i cant tell the color of the liquid.The dillution ratios are similar to apc+. Anyone have any thoughts or experience with this product? the price is $7.95

Porkanbeans
12-04-2004, 05:13 PM
The Costco near me has "oil eater cleaner degreaser apc" in the automotive section. It is in a gal container with a free spray bottle. it is in a white plastic container so i cant tell the color of the liquid.The dillution ratios are similar to apc+. Anyone have any thoughts or experience with this product? the price is $7.95
I picked some up today thinking that it`s what Sean`s been talking about. It lists dilution ratios and uses and said carpets, engines, car wash even! :eek
If it isn`t what`s been talked about, I`m still sure it will get the job done, and heck, it only cost me 8 bucks.

G35stilez
12-04-2004, 05:46 PM
7.95 for 1.25 gallons is the one :)

Bill D
12-04-2004, 05:48 PM
Hope Sean will post a photo of the product, will be easier to identify that way.

JaCkaL829
12-04-2004, 11:50 PM
Hope Sean will post a photo of the product, will be easier to identify that way.

Who would have though it would have been so confusing? :dunno

sgo
12-05-2004, 01:23 AM
Here`s a pic of the 1.25 gal I got at Costco.
http://www.sosterday.com/w_IMG_2172copy.jpg

RCBuddha
12-05-2004, 01:49 AM
I was at costco a few days ago, and they had an APC that was labled with "Kirkland". I thought that was what GSR was using? :dunno

Bill D
12-05-2004, 09:10 AM
:dunno I thought Kirkland was Sam`s Club/Wal Mart`s private label

norahcrv
12-05-2004, 09:20 AM

No, I believe that Kirkland is Costco`s private label.

C`mon Sean, please post a pic of your jug & put us out of our collective misery!:(

EBPcivicsi
12-05-2004, 09:28 AM

The Kirklands name is definitely Costcos private label, in Memphis it says Kirklands All Purpose Cleaner.

I have never seen it packaged in a clear bttle with a free sprayer, but they could have changed the packaging. The green color sounds right. For anyone looking for it, it is NOT in the automotive section. I find it in the household cleaning section.

Sean, in Memphis it costs 4.97 for 1.25 gallons!!!!!

Here is a pic, it is the large white bottle on the left. For the $, you cannot beat this as an APC IMHO. I have been using it for years and find that while there are other specific use cleaners that can out perform this product in certain tasks, as a general cleaner it out performs most on the market. Combine that with the low cost and diversity of the product and you have a real no brainer.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4df39b3127cce9bfbda84255000000016108SZNGzNi1Q

*edit becasue I misread the qouted post.

Totoland Mach
12-05-2004, 10:20 AM

My wife bought this stuff home for me to use on the garage floor (which does an excellent job). After reading the multiple uses, I mixed 50-50 water and used a soft brush on the interior of a Suzuki Vitara that was a heavy smoker`s car. WOW....the shop vac extracted stuff that looked like motor oil. The cloth interior looks new, doesn`t smell, and the solution didn`t leave a residue. Very good cleaner. I`ll probably use it for engine cleaning this spring.

roadchief
12-05-2004, 11:35 AM
Thanks for the info.Wife brought it home for me and i was a little leary because of the warning about aluminum.I use apc+ 4-1 on wheels and tires.
I`m glad to hear it works well, I plan to try it when the weather gets better.I`m using a shopvac for extraction on fabric now, but plan on eventually getting LGCM

Hawaiianelement
12-05-2004, 01:34 PM
Try using GSR`s upholstery tips using oxy and apc mix. I use it with my extractor using plain water and workd great ..