PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody

FirstOne
04-01-2005, 05:30 PM
Just a quick question. The CMA website has a list of pros and cons for AIO. One of the cons is "some enthusiasts feel the shine is "sterile" on dark color cars. I`m getting ready to wash, dry, clay, AIO and SG. Has anybody used the twins on Honda red rock pearl paint. It`s a dark red. The truck is brand new and never had polish or sealant What do they mean by sterile

imported_Burlyq
04-01-2005, 06:26 PM
Listen, don`t listen to that, lol. AIO and SG go together very well and will make your car look great. The only problem I have with the twins is that SG is harder to deal with than other sealants, but it does look very nice and gives good durabilty. Use WOWO for both and do one coat of both first day, and another of SG only the day after. WOWO means wipe on wipe off, don`t let it dry because it is hard to buff out. Also, use it as thin as possible. If you get streaking, don`t worry you used to much or didn`t wipe fast enough, let it dry for hours then wipe off residue, then it should wip right off. No streaks are a major issue because AIO will always correct any problems as a last resort.

Wasatch
04-01-2005, 06:35 PM
AIO/SG is a classic.

White95Max
04-01-2005, 07:15 PM
AIO is a great product. From my experience, AIO has been able to make sterile-looking sealants, well, unsterile. It`s a great product, and I have no complaints about it.

Steve530
04-01-2005, 07:24 PM
Go ahead and use the AIO and SG. I bet you`ll like it.

If you don`t like it you can always take it off or top it with carnuba.

IMHO, the SG starts to look good after 3 coats.

FirstOne
04-01-2005, 07:32 PM
Forgot to mention I`ll be applying AIO with the PC, foam polishing pad. Would removing the SG with the PC increase the shine

White95Max
04-01-2005, 07:34 PM
I don`t think there would be any difference between removal by PC and removal by hand. I prefer to remove all products by hand with MF towels.