PDA

View Full Version : Most powerful wheel cleaner

DutchDetailer
04-01-2005, 07:30 AM
What is the most powerful wheel cleaner you can get on Autogeek for instance?

I have P21S for my own wheels but I am gonna detail my friends car who has some heavily soiled (and probably baked in) wheels.

Thanks! :up

togwt
04-01-2005, 09:38 AM
Eagle One A2Z

Quote: Be sure wheel surface is cool, or cool with water. Spray cleaner on and allow to soak for 15-30 seconds , depending on density of dust and grit. Then, just hose off. EOQ Autogeek

Lowejackson
04-01-2005, 09:44 AM
I would be tempted to use two applications of P21S rather than risk any damage.

I have used P21S and Autoglym to clean some very dirty wheels

SilverLexus
04-01-2005, 09:46 AM
I second the A2Z recommendation-good stuff!

DutchDetailer
04-01-2005, 10:44 AM
Thanks for the heads up guys! :up

Alfisti
04-02-2005, 04:32 PM
Please be careful with A2Z.

I use it extensively on dirty wheels but don`t leave on for more than a minute! Be sure to agitate surface with a brush and wash off with plenty of water.

Very strong, but very effective.

tom p.
04-02-2005, 04:40 PM
http://ppcexcels.com/rwheelbt.jpg

Description:

REAL Wheel Cleaner is the first detergent-based single product able to clean brake dust and corrosion from any type wheel or metal surface in seconds! Its 100% biodegradable formula is totally safe for today`s OEM clearcoated rims, plastic hubcaps, and all after market wheels - aluminum, chrome, painted, wires, etc. It works on contact to remove corrosion from older unfinished or neglected metals (aluminum, copper, brass, bronze, zinc) and is great for antique restoration and manufacturing processes. Because REAL Wheel Cleaner contains no hazardous hydrofluoric or muriatic acids, or poisonous oxalic acid, it can safely be used as a very effective bathroom cleaner to remove soap scum, hard water deposits, rust stains, and mildew from showers, tubs, and fixtures. It also works on boat scum, wheel wells, and dissolves embedded grime from older galvanizing. REAL Wheel Cleaner`s exclusive detergent action saves both time and money when incorporated into routine maintenance programs.

This is one of the strongest products around, even stronger than A2Z. I hope you don`t need these products often. With regular maintenance they should not be required.

http://ppcexcels.com/realwhel.htm

DutchDetailer
04-02-2005, 05:40 PM
I am from Europe, does anyone know where I can order this stuff online? (A2Z or Real Wheel Cleaner)

benpocock
04-02-2005, 05:51 PM
Autoglym Clean Wheels is the most potent stuff I`ve ever used - with a bit of agitation the results are superb.

Ben

Alfisti
04-03-2005, 02:56 AM
Here`s a site I just found that does a huge range of car care products (including A2Z) AND has a very low international shipping rate! I think I`ll bookmark this site for me!

http://www.autothing.com/Products/eCarWash/products-eWash-TirePlastic.htm

BTW, the MSDS for Real Wheel cleaner indicates it contains phosphoric acid. A2Z is a alkaline based cleaner.

holland_patrick
04-03-2005, 09:14 AM
I like the Poorboys wheel cleaner.

If you search it you find my post and see how well it cleans..

Spilchy
04-03-2005, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by Alfisti

Here`s a site I just found that does a huge range of car care products (including A2Z) AND has a very low international shipping rate! I think I`ll bookmark this site for me!

Yeah, if you like paying above retail for the products! ;)

Too bad the Aussies, Brits and others here have to pay such a premium for basic car supplies :(

Have you seen some of those prices?! $8.95 for a galllon of EO car wash soap? I get it for $5 around the corner! :p