PDA

View Full Version : A "PC" Vs. "By- hand" ? Is it worth it?

mystickid
04-01-2005, 12:28 AM
Hey guys,

This is speecially directed at PC owners/users.

WOuld you say that polishing and applying polishes & sealants via PC is "significantly" FASTER as well as gives better results versus "By-Hand application"?

I mean whats the polishing time for, lets say, AIO via PC versus AIO `By-Hand"?

Is it really that much of a difference or does it just save a heck of time? :nixweiss

A PC costs alot of money (at least for me), so I`m thinking there must be something really great about this thing.

Please give me asome Insight on this. Much thanx.;)

TN9thSi
04-01-2005, 12:39 AM
May or may not be faster for applying LSPs, but that`s isn`t it`s real purpose. The PC will remove surface imperfections such as swirls, spider-webbing and fine scratches. This would be extremely difficult, even impossible in some cases, woithout the PC. Scottwax has basically proven that he can apply a coat of wax/sealant by hand faster than a PC, be he`s the exception. I do it both ways, depending on the specific situation. Most of the time it`s easier for me to apply wax and LSPs by hand.

White95Max
04-01-2005, 12:40 AM
"polishing time" with AIO doesn`t really make sense. AIO isn`t considered a polish by me, since I`ve never seen it reduce any swirls. I just consider it a paint cleaner.

AIO by PC is very similar to AIO by hand.

When you`re removing swirls, a PC will definitely make the process much easier and faster.

I still prefer applying paste waxes by hand over PC.

Scottwax
04-01-2005, 01:09 AM
A PC is not really faster than by hand but it polishes more deeply and evenly.

hirosh
04-01-2005, 02:18 AM
for polishing, i would say a PC is better. 1) it doesn`t get tired, unless your scottwax ;) 2) it is better at removing some surface defects like swirls; and 3) it just may be me, but i noticed polishing by PC seems to make the paint brighter/shinier than by hand. again that may just be because i didn`t have the stamina and strength.

for sealants, i think it doesn`t really matter too much, they both take about the same time. one benefit applying sealants by hand is you can get into tight places that is hard to do with a PC.

urban1.8t
04-01-2005, 05:32 AM
IMO the PC is actually slower than working by hand, however I find it more effective and allows me to "work" the product far better.

I do all my LSP work by hand at present, tomorrow will be my first attempt at using a PC at this stage of the process.

HTH

Cheers

Dave.