PDA

View Full Version : Layering Sealents

05Sleeper
03-31-2005, 09:10 PM
What is the rule on layering diferrent sealents? I know that people layer the same sealent, and they layer Sealents with Carnuba waxes, but what about layering separate sealents?

Anyone have any idea what the out come would be If I used both UPP and WolfGang? I have 4 sealants in my arsenal right now, and I am curious if anyone has experimented in cmbining any of them. I have Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealent (sample), Blackfire (sample), NXT (sample), and 4* UPP.

Any combos been tried out by any of you out there?:bounce :bounce :bounce

wannafbody
03-31-2005, 09:33 PM
NXT probably wouldn`t be the best to try to layer over top of another wax becasue it *MAY* remove some of whats underneath- as for the others experiment

05Sleeper
03-31-2005, 10:18 PM
No one else has done this?

Mochamanz1
03-31-2005, 10:27 PM
I bet many of us have experimented with different products being layered. I have layered SG+Z2, Z2Pro and WG, Also I have layered NXT over Z2pro ( I saw an improvement in gloss, BTW)

I experiment on my daily driver all the time. So far I have had no adverse effects with this layering. But do not ask me about durability- I strip and reseal far too often for that to be an issue with me.... IMO it is best to try different things with your driver though, just in case !

01bluecls
03-31-2005, 10:32 PM
I dont see it being a problem to layer different sealants. But I could be wrong. I mean they are all polymer based and doesnt contain carnuaba which would interfere with bonding to begin with. It would be nice to try UPP over Zaino or something of the similiar.

05Sleeper
03-31-2005, 10:53 PM
I tried the Blackfire X 2 and added Wolfgang and it came out very nice. I was impressed with the wet look it gave off.

05Sleeper
04-01-2005, 09:35 AM
Anyone else ever do this?