PDA

View Full Version : What is the purpose of?

05Sleeper
03-31-2005, 07:19 PM
The "pre-wax cleaners" like Pinnacle and wolfgang. Do I still need these if i have a dedicated polish like menzerna FP?

raymond_ho2002
03-31-2005, 07:24 PM
The wolfgang cleaner helps prepare the surface so that the sealant can bond. It`s not crucial for carnauba wax like it is for sealants but it`s supposed to make the paint look nicer. Some people say they see an improvement in appearance using these cleaners before waxing but I don`t notice much of a difference, especially if it is right after using a SMR. I use the wolfgang and pinnacle cleaners in between major polishing sessions to help wax/sealants go on smoother.

05Sleeper
03-31-2005, 07:31 PM
But does it really have a purpose after polishing?

Intercooled
03-31-2005, 07:34 PM
If you polish with a polish that contains fillers or oils and your going to use a system like Zaino for your LSP then AIO or paint cleaners will be needed to rid the syrface of any oils.

JeffM
03-31-2005, 07:37 PM
Or if you have a 2 week old LSP that you are bored with lol.

05Sleeper
03-31-2005, 08:04 PM
I am very confused about this whole "glaze" thing. Are they even beneficial to light colored cars? If so, which wouldbe the best one to use before a sealent toppper like UPP, Blackfire or Wolfgang?

Scottwax
03-31-2005, 08:05 PM
Glazes and very light polishes do add oils and further polish the paint. If you have time and want the absolute best look then use them.

6']['9
03-31-2005, 08:22 PM
you can do many things before an LSP. You can glaze then go to the LSP i.e VM,CM. You can use a final polish then use the LSP i.e Final Polish II/FMJ. Or you can use a cleaner polish then your LSP AIO/WG.. it all depends on how you want the finish to look. IMHO these 3 examples would produce different finishes on different colored cars. so its really up to you and how you want the final outcome to be.

05Sleeper
04-02-2005, 01:07 PM
So, I would not really have a need for the WG pre-cleaner or the Pinnacle Cleansing Lotion since I layer my products. Is this correct? I don`t think that I would even add my Souveran to the base paint. It would always be added to AIO or VM, or as a topper to a Sealent. As far as the WG pre-cleaner... same applies. I am understanding here that they are mostly for applicationw where they would be applied without poilishing the surface, or directly after a polish?