PDA

View Full Version : New learning curve

chipuk
03-31-2005, 02:21 PM
So much to learn and pick up than " wash and wax it"

I took ownership of my pc the other night. Time to start learning and using different products.

So my first plan will take shape this weekend with weather permitting.

So to start I will be using

Meguiars gold class shampoo

Meguiars quick clay

Meguiars 3 step system

And start learning.

I didn`t start out to buy all meg stuff, It just sort of happened

that thats what I got hold off.

I also have some autoglym stuff which is what I have been using for a couple of years.

I know some people prefer other stuff than megs but it gives me a base line to work with :xyxthumbs

I dont know which car to try on first ,

Triumph stag inca yellow ( beloved, been mothballed for the winter and maybe due for its first run in spring)

Nissan 200sx pearl blue metallic ( daily driver)

I`ll keep you all informed how I get on

togwt
03-31-2005, 06:11 PM
Love that car/colour

the other pc
03-31-2005, 07:20 PM
Hi chipuk, :welcome to Autopia.

Great to see another LBC guy excited about detailing.

I think your plan is excellent. You have the process sequence down and you never go wrong with Meg`s. Like you said, even if you want to try other products you`ll have a top-flight baseline to compare with and that baseline was inexpensive and readily available. (Don`t forget to pick up a bunch of microfibers.)

I say do whichever car is front of you first (guessing that`s likely to be the 200sx but if it`s out for a spin and you`re standing there with buckets in hand you might as well do the Stag).

Also guessing that since she`s stowed for the winter you`re probably not in So Cal. If you were, San Diego`s Rolling British Car (http://www.sandiegobritishcarday.org/RBCD2005.htm) day would a great outing for a freshly shined Stag.

PC.

JeffM
03-31-2005, 07:39 PM
For 5 bucks a bottle , you cant go wrong with megs 3 step system.

I am impressed with the first step, considering it is 5 bucks.

Although, for $7, ColorX is outstanding.

chipuk
04-01-2005, 12:39 PM
Thanks for the positives,

No I`m not in so cal, but does south england count!

I am just assuming they will complement each other well untill I start to mix products.

As I am a member of the local stag owners club our first lunchtime meet of the year is this sunday so there should be a nice turnout of like minded enthusiasts.

Regarding the stag,

it`s bonnet opens outwards. and one day whilst I was trickle charging the battery i left the bonnet up. This is not normally a problem but the next day I came in through the garage door not the side door and opened the door onto the bonnet.

( my better half said if she had done it there would have been murder)

It was about 2 inch scratch down to bare metal.

I did a complete wet sand and respray but i am not overly happy with the finish.

I feel embarassed about showing her off as she was in immaculate condition.

So hopefully when I have practised a bit more with the pc I will give it a compound polish etc.

:sosad