PDA

View Full Version : OCW in place of QD?

AudiOn19s
03-31-2005, 10:40 AM
I`m nearly out of both Optimum Car Wax (OCW) and quick detailer. logic tells me that I should order a gallon of OCW and a gallon of some detailer...BUT there`s part of me that says I could probably use OCW for both and just forget about the QD all together.

Thoughs on doing away with QD from my regimine and just using OCW exclusively???

Andy

03COBRA
03-31-2005, 10:43 AM
I think that`s what Anthony O did, but not sure. I guess it wouldn`t be a bad idea, but I don`t have enough experience with OCW yet to make that conclusion!:D

SpoiledMan
03-31-2005, 11:11 AM
OCW is NOT a QD. It is a spray wax. It`s not meant to remove dust and fingerprints and the like but to be applied to a clean surface.

EDIT: added "applied to"

imported_RIC
03-31-2005, 11:25 AM
I tried OCW as a QD and it is no good for that purpose...actually that was my original intent when I purchased it. The original reviews made it sound as though it could be used as a QD.

It does not like the least amount of dirt/dust on the surface. It clumps up and is very difficult to remove.

Only use OCW on either a freshly washed or freshly QDed surface.

AudiOn19s
03-31-2005, 11:36 AM
For me I use QD as more of a post wash gloss enhancer more than anything. I daily drive my cars here in Ohio anywhere from 50-100 miles per day hence my cars are rarely in a situation where a QD can actually be used to clean...they usually just need washed instead.

So maybe for me it works...but thanks for the input...I`ve got a some Spray and Wipe laying around for those rare occasios when I think that I can get away with dusting my car as opposed to actually washing it....but I suppose I don`t really classify Spray and Wipe as a true QD either...too many darn spray products these days huh!

Andy

03COBRA
03-31-2005, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by AudiOn19s

For me I use QD as more of a post wash gloss enhancer more than anything. I daily drive my cars here in Ohio anywhere from 50-100 miles per day hence my cars are rarely in a situation where a QD can actually be used to clean...they usually just need washed instead.

So maybe for me it works...but thanks for the input...I`ve got a some Spray and Wipe laying around for those rare occasios when I think that I can get away with dusting my car as opposed to actually washing it....but I suppose I don`t really classify Spray and Wipe as a true QD either...too many darn spray products these days huh!

Andy

Using it after a wash is a good thing. I just finished washing my Altima about 5 minutes ago and used the OCW after the wash and was very impressed. It brought back a lot of slickness and made the finish a lot more shiney. Using it after a wash is my new regimen, now I just need to order some more.

I could see why it may not work on a dirty finish, but then again who waxes a dirty car. The sampler I got from them says nothing about using it as a QD, but a post wash application. I didn`t know so many people used a QD after a few days from a wash, that would make me a little bit nervous. Maybe spray and wipe, but not a straight QD!:D