PDA

View Full Version : Scottwax- amazing work (Pic)

randomman84
03-31-2005, 03:23 AM
Just looking through websites of detailers and came upon scottwax`s website and saw this picture which blew me away. Hands down i havent seen a better job done by anyone...

Scott, excellent Job

http://www.scottwax.com/images/japanese%20cars/nissan/2003_InfinitiG35.jpg

grt1today
03-31-2005, 07:21 AM
He`s definetely not scared to tackle those dark colored cars. That looks about as swirl free as you can get...

AndyC_1
03-31-2005, 07:27 AM
2 words - DETALING GOD

Sums it up really IMHO. I aim to emulate Scott`s work on every car I detail. He`s the benchmark for black, guru for green, rabbi for red...I`m running out of similies here!

I`d also hasten to add that I am still a way off his level of attention to detail, skill etc but he`s Da Man as far as I`m concerned.

And that`s not to knock anyone else here as there`s dozens of others who do superb work too.

Way2SSlow
03-31-2005, 07:34 AM
Those Texas boys (Scott and Anthony) are among the best in the business. Maybe I need to schedule a trip down there so I can learn a thing or two. :D

stilez
03-31-2005, 08:01 AM
He definately has far cooler shots in his gallery. But yes, that shot is pretty cool.

cwcad
03-31-2005, 08:02 AM
His work was the first to catch my eye when i first started lurking this board. His work is a benchmark to quality detailing. His eye with the camera captures his quality work. He is also capable of imparting knowledge thru his posts. Guess, nay I know, that makes him a triple threat.

Carl Anderson
03-31-2005, 08:37 AM
Clearly Scott is the consumate detailer, but in addition to this he is one hell of a photographer. I still think he should publish a book/detailing manual; proposed titles include: "Scottwax`s Guide to Exotic Auto Detailing" or "How to Make Your Car Look Better Than When it Came off the Showroom Floor by Scottwax."

BoxsterCharlie
03-31-2005, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by Carl Anderson

"How to Make Your Car Look Better Than When it Came off the Showroom Floor by Scottwax."

Bingo! :bounce

klnyc
03-31-2005, 09:08 AM
I triple that..Scott is the man. He should start marketing his own lable you know?

Scottwax
03-31-2005, 10:03 AM
Thanks guys!

I do prefer to try and get pics in the full sun whenever possible though, shade can hide too much. Most interesting part of that detail was the lacy bra I found under the passenger front seat! ;)

Even though this is in the shade, I am kind of partial to this pic:

http://www.photohost.org/gallery/data/500/1051997_Mercedes_SL500_80rmg16_side2w.jpg

(Meguiars #80, Clearkote`s RMG, #16)

To get good pics, just walk around the car and note how it looks from each angle and which way shows off the finish the best. Make sure the vehicle fills the frame as much as possible, I see a lot of great angles but the car is too far away.

This is an unusual angle for me (shooting and an angle tends to make the vehicle`s finish look its best) but the way the sun was hitting and making the paint glow really caught my eye:

http://www.photohost.org/gallery/data/500/1052000_VW_Beetle_side2.jpg

BTW, you may be forced to remove that pic of the G35 since it has my website watermarked on it.