PDA

View Full Version : Zicam for colds. It works!

gnev8
12-03-2004, 11:18 AM
Have you guys (and gals) heard of this stuff.
It absolutely works.
If you are feeling a cold comong on, or a sore throat or something.
Take this stuff as directed and it knocks it out.
It lessons the severity of colds and viruses and makes them go away faster.
I was skeptical at first but this stuff really does what it says.

I have no affiliation or anything.
Just passing on a good new product.

G35stilez
12-03-2004, 12:09 PM
Thanks for the heads up :)

Can I get this right at CVS or something?

gnev8
12-03-2004, 12:14 PM
I don`t know what CVS is?
You can buy it over the counter at Drug Stores and such.
The original version is a spray for your nose.
But, now they have disolving tablets and other varieties.

travisdecpn
12-03-2004, 12:19 PM
How much is that stuff now? last time i looked it was like 27 bucks.

Raven
12-03-2004, 02:11 PM
There are several law suits against this company right now. It seems that one of it`s side affects is a partial to complete lost of smell :eek . One of the key ingredients in Zicam is Zinc Gluconate which has been directly associated with loss of smell for years.

gnev8
12-03-2004, 02:47 PM
There are several law suits against this company right now. It seems that one of it`s side affects is a partial to complete lost of smell :eek . One of the key ingredients in Zicam is Zinc Gluconate which has been directly associated with loss of smell for years.

Uh OH! :eek :eek
I didn`t know anything about that.
Maybe the tablet form is better?
Or is it still bad if swallowed?

Although, I have been using this stuff for awhile and I can still smell?
I don`t know?

gnev8
12-03-2004, 04:20 PM
After reading several articles about the pending lawsuits.
I have concluded that it may not be 100% safe to use the Nasal gel version of this product.
Even though I have used it for a year or so with no ill effects.
The information available is enough for me to discontinue the Gel.
I will still use the tablet form as it appears only the Nasal gel has the possibility to affect the sense of smell.

Thanks Raven for the info.

Dalton
12-03-2004, 04:51 PM
Try Airborn I heard it works and its all natural

Raven
12-03-2004, 05:46 PM
gnev8, the tablet form is perfectly safe and will not have any ill affects on your sense of smell. Hope I didn`t get you overly worried about this since only a very small percentage of the people using this actually start losing their sense of smell.

zesty-man
12-04-2004, 12:35 AM
Try Airborn I heard it works and its all natural

my aunty who`s a teacher and likes to go to las vegas uses this a lot. she just recently got it to me. i dont really wanna get into a product review but basically the idea is, when you feel like youre coming down with a cold, take some of this. very easy, just drop a tablet in water and allow it to dissolve, then drink. the taste is bearable, and it feels like theres a little carbonation in it too! its werid. i feel it works very well. its also good for traveling, you know when you go on an airplane and someone is sick and the recycled air and stuff? i hate that. i recommend it!

groebuck
12-04-2004, 11:26 AM
avoid the nasal product and zicam in general - all they use is zinc to coat your sinus cavity and throat - coating your nasal cavity with zinc is bad - they sell tablets but they are nothing more than the cold eeze tablets lozenges and those are muuuuch cheaper. If you want to fight a cold naturally - when you feel it coming on get cold eeze and suck it (:lol) every 4 hours and take echinachia (sP?) and golden seal. Also if you don`t take vitamin C - take it (1000 MG or the tastier way - OJ) - beware though if you are getting ifluenza (flu - any variety) the cold eeze (zinc) can be baaaaaaad - it will make it worse. Also if you GOT a cold or the flu - go out and get some collostrum (comes in powder but tastes horrible) or pill form. Collostrum is from first milking of cows and full of things to boost your immune system (as well as some muscle building qualities). Hope it helps - Easy way to avoid getting sick - wash your hands and don`t touch your face (sounds simple...) but it works!

Woob
12-04-2004, 11:33 AM
Hahah Groe dude you know too much! Where ya been? I highly suggest Echinacea concentrate for sore throats and such. That stuff is really natural and its a proven cold medicine. I also say get tons of sleep, layer up, and be smart.

Eliot Ness
12-04-2004, 11:40 AM
........cold eeze tablets lozenges and those are muuuuch cheaper. .........take echinachia (sP?) and golden seal. Also if you don`t take vitamin C - take it (1000 MG or the tastier way - OJ).......
The Cold Eeze lozenges may work, but when I tried them a few years ago the zinc left an aftertaste in my mouth I didn`t think I`d ever get rid of!

I do think that Echinacea has helped me ward off or get over a cold faster, and I take vitamin C on a regular basis also (I like to think it helps). Never heard of collostrum, I`ll have to check it out (pill form if it tastes that bad!).

As for hand washing, you can get a little bottle of hand sanitizer that works well if you`re not near a sink.

groebuck
12-04-2004, 07:51 PM
eeek - no stay away from hand sanitizer - it the popularity of those things that are killing us :lol - we have been killing off weaker germs and viruses using all this anti-bac stuff and all we are doing is making more resistant strains of bateria and viruses..

yah cold eeze and other zinc - leave a film - but that is what they are supposed to do - with a cold the virus is in your throat and mouth - the zinc coating works to kill the virus there and stop any new lil buggers from attaching...and be warned never drink OJ after a zinc lozenge - eeeeecccccckkkkkk - blah

Wassup Brandon - yah I have been slammed at work and have not even had time to detail :( - but I got a new laptop from work so I am test driving it now!!

ibm r50P -- it`s awesome!