PDA

View Full Version : Problems with wax/polish bonding to paint

MidRex
03-30-2005, 02:09 PM
I own a 2003 WRX that is black and ever since I first got it, it seems that alot of the products that I try bond to the paint somehow and will not come off unless I use a wet rag or detailing spray to remove them. I used to use all Ardex products initially. Ardex Express, Viper, Pearl, etc. Express was a pain to remove and so was Viper on this car and both of these products are meant for super easy removal. I tried MGC paste was and it came off ok. I thought I would give Zaino a shot, but this was the worst one yet. This is the one where I had to get out the wet rag. I put on a super thin layer too. I`ve been using NXT paste with decent results now. What could be wrong with my paint? It`s warming up now and I am thinking of purchasing a PC. I was going to go with SSR 2.5, SSR 1, AIO, and SG as my products, but I don`t want to end up in the same boat with them bonding to my paint and being very hard to remove. I was thinking that maybe with a Good buffing out with SSR 2.5 it will prepare the paint for the rest of the mix. Any suggestions?

togwt
03-30-2005, 06:16 PM
The only help I can offer (as I have 0 experience with Ardex products is that wax does not `bond` to a paint surface (although a polymer does) wax adheres to a paint surface and then sets-up (hardens)

JonM

colche
03-30-2005, 06:21 PM
Have you tried claying it?

MidRex
03-31-2005, 09:47 AM
When I Zaino`d...I clayed it.

wannafbody
03-31-2005, 08:51 PM
maybe industrial fallout :nixweiss

MidRex
04-01-2005, 10:45 AM
I guess I will just get the PC and some SSR 2.5 and see what happens.

White95Max
04-01-2005, 11:30 AM
Proper polishing beforehand definitely can`t hurt. And the SSRs and AIO/SG are great products. Have fun with them! Make sure to lay down a very thin coat of SG, or else that will be a pain to remove too.