PDA

View Full Version : what pad with #9?

balty6969
03-29-2005, 10:55 PM
Hey guys, I just got a PC, and i`m still learning as far as what pads to buy for it. I don`t know the "lingo" for what you guys use for pads.. so let me tell you what I have in normal terms.. lol

-Meguires Softbuff Buffing Pad

-Meguires Softbuff Cutting Pad

-Meguires Softbuff Polishing Pad

-Meguires Ultimate Bonnet

I wasn`t sure what pads to get, and I heard Meguires was decent for pads, so I went to Amazon.com, and that`s what I bought from them. Are those the basic pads I will need with a PC?.

My car has minor spiderwebbing.. that`s the main reason why I bought the PC, and the only reason I bought the #9. My main question is, what pad should I use with the #9?. Out of the pads I have, what should I use to apply what?. Besides the #9, I also have the Klasse Twins, and I bought Pinnacle Souverign Paste Wax. My main dilema though is what pad to use with what product?. And also, is there another pad I should buy?..and if so, where do I buy it?.

Thanks!.

V8toytruck
03-30-2005, 02:02 AM
On the back of the bottle of #9 it says you can use the polishing pad. I just purchased my 7336 and was looking for a pad kit as well. How much was that combo?

balty6969
03-30-2005, 02:11 AM
amazon doesn`t sell a combo, you have to find each individual item, but the total for the 4 pads was almost $29, plus $5 for shipping. I don`t know if that`s too much. I wasn`t expecting anything from Amazon when I typed in Meguire`s, but when I saw the pads, it was more of an impulse buy lol

My problem is though, I don`t know what pads to use for what. What do I apply the Klasse Twins with, and what do I use to remove it?. Same goes for the wax?. I just don`t know and I can`t find a specific answer from searching because there are so many different brands of pads out there.

I hope someone can tell me :)

PhilS
03-30-2005, 04:44 AM
The polishing pad would be you "to go" pad. They are the most versatile and can be used with many products. As already mentioned, #9 as well as #82, #80 and #83 can all be applied using a polishing pad. I also apply paint cleaners and cleaner waxes with a polishing pad.

The buffing pad can be used to apply waxes. You can also use the buffing pad to apply chemical paint cleaners.

I have a cutting pad but have not used it yet. You`d generally use it with more aggressive swirl removers such as #83 when a polishing pad wasn`t up to it.

The ultimate bonnets can be used for removing polishes and waxes. I guess it can also be used to apply SG if you want - check out the Autopia Car Care info for applying AIO and SG: http://www.autopia-carcare.com/inf-klasse.html

Remember, don`t mix products on a pad without washing and drying them first.