PDA

View Full Version : Where do you Start?

buldog
03-29-2005, 08:30 PM
Ok its all good to apply your finish coat. Where do you guys apply first? The roof, hood, doors. I always start with the hood then to the roof, decklid and then the sides. How about you?

imported_imolamystique
03-29-2005, 08:41 PM
I am a creature of habit:

hood, passenger side (front to back), roof, trunk, bumper, driver side (back to front), front bumper

The other day I decided to change things up and did drivers side first. Living on the edge. :o

TW85 HHI
03-29-2005, 09:02 PM
Same technique as a wash. Roof, hood, trunk, front fenders, doors, rear fenders, and then bumpers. For some reason I hate working on bumpers so I save them for last.

smfrycruzr
03-29-2005, 09:04 PM
i hate bumpers too!!!

vdog0531
03-29-2005, 09:20 PM
driver side hood by cowling, then down the driver side bumper, then driver fender all the way down to the back of the door, then the driver roof, then the driver back panel and follow all the way around until i reach the hood again.

Vernon

ogie_s
03-29-2005, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by DCopp

i hate bumpers too!!!

Me three!

I do it like a wash as well - roof then work my way down.

thinksnow
03-29-2005, 11:03 PM
If we`re talking LSP, I start with what I hate most and finish with what I like best.

Anything below the beltline gets knocked out (hurts my back), followed by bumpers. Then a fresh applicator hits the doors and quarter panels. The roof, then trunk, and finally the payoff hits when I finish on the hood. Mmmm...hood.

IntrstlarOvrdrv
03-29-2005, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by ogie_s

Me three!

Me four!!

Anyhow mine is the exact same as TW85 HHI..

imported_Sullybob
03-29-2005, 11:20 PM
I start with either front quarter panel by the hood, then go around the car from front to back to front. IE front passanger door, quarter to half of the roof, rear passanger door, rest of roof that I can reach, rear end of car, passanger door and roof, drivers door and rest of roof. Then I get my pay off :) the HOOD!!! Then I do the bumpers, which I also don`t like doing.

benpocock
03-30-2005, 02:42 AM
When I`m washing I go: wheels, wheel wells, roof down to shoulder line and rinse, shoulder line down to waist line and rinse, then waist line down and rinse.

When I`m polishing/waxing I go: hood, entire drivers side, entire passenger side, trunk, roof, rear bumper, front bumper. Bumpers IMO are a PITA so they get done last. I should really get them out of the way first but I find if any part of the car is going to hold water it`s the bumpers, so I give them maxium time to dry out.

Ben

Mochamanz1
03-30-2005, 06:50 PM
I start with a Cold Budwieser :)

I do the cab first, then the hood / trunk, side panels, bumpers, wheelwells, tires. I always assume the top to be cleanest, then in descending order. This way, I keep the contaminates moving down and off the vehicle. Thats my theory anyway and it works out ok for me.

White95Max
03-30-2005, 07:52 PM
If I`m using something like Paste Glaz that can be buffed off right away, I do:

Roof, hood, trunk/spoiler (IOW all horizontal areas), Remove wax.

Start at front passenger side fender, and work to the trunklid. Remove wax.

Start on trunklid/rear bumper, and work around the car to the front bumper. Remove.

If I`m using an LSP that needs to dry/haze, I do the same process, but no removal until I`m done with the whole car.