PDA

View Full Version : NXT + Meguiars Gold Class

yellowvert
03-29-2005, 03:28 PM
Just did a wash and clay bar on my `03 yellow Corvette convertible. Did a wax remove and rinse then applied NXT with PC and started to layer the Meguiars Gold Class over top, also with the PC. I had read somewhere here that NXT as a base was a good thing. I can`t tell a lick of difference from where the Meguiars is and where there is only NXT. Don`t get me wrong, the shine is outstanding but I don`t see any extra depth, color, etc.

Am I wasting my time with the second coat? Is the Meguiars just not the right thing to use over? Is there something available at a local store that would be better? I can mail order something but I like just walking in and getting something and I`m not convinced about a $100 bottle of wax on a daily driver....or, what`s the next thing up on the wax feeding chain that I should try? I really want it noticable!!

q_tip98444
03-29-2005, 03:42 PM
I would try NXTx2 then Megs #26. 26 is a pure carnauba availabe at Autozone, and several other auto parts stores. I think the reason you don`t really see any difference is because GC has cleaners in it, and so it takes away some of the NXT that you just applied. I have done the NXT/26 combo several times and never been dissapointed.

yellowvert
03-29-2005, 04:20 PM
Do you wait a period of time between NXT coats and/or before applying the #26?

imported_wblynch
03-29-2005, 04:37 PM
NXT needs time to bond.

I`m not an expert or anything, but I have heard that it`s best to wait a day or more before "topping" it with a different product.

MongooseGA
03-29-2005, 05:29 PM
Gold Class has some cleaners in it. It`s likely that you removed the layer of NXT when you applied the Gold Class, especially since you use your PC.

Read around some, and you`ll find some products that pertain to your needs.

JeffM
03-29-2005, 06:36 PM
NXT really looks excellent all by itself. I would highly doubt you would see anything dramatic on yellow.

I do NXTx2 in 2 days, stand back and admire.

wannafbody
03-30-2005, 08:52 AM
IMO the reflective nature of NXT would look better on yellow than #26

jlfrogy
03-30-2005, 09:27 AM
I quit putting the GC over the NXT. Like everybody else said the NXT works just great by itself. If anything put the Nxt over the GC. just my $.02. I gave away my GC!

PhilS
03-30-2005, 10:37 AM
I`m sure GC has no cleaners in it. The polish Megs talks about are their polishing oils i.e. glazing oils. NXT does have mild cleaners but not so strong that you can`t layer NXT. As others have said NXTx2 with the second coat applied 24hrs after the first will look excellent.