PDA

View Full Version : Sold on AIO and SG!!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

quikturbo
03-29-2005, 03:15 PM
I`ve been a user of Zaino for a couple years now and have sworn by it. However after going through some other products, I came to the Klasse duo. I think another member said it best, the SG gives it this "candy coated" look. It may not be the best on a darker color, but I love it on my Pearl white!

I made sure I used only tiny amounts of SG, and now I can see why. I`ll be layering another coat on it this week.

So far my combo`s that have worked well

Claybar

Megs fine cut with orange pad on pc

AIO on green pad

Hand apply SG and remove with pc and mf bonnet

I`m always looking for other great products, so if anyone has other recommendations on a great/durable sealant for light color cars, let me know.

here are a couple pics of my 12 year old painjob :)

http://www.clublexus.com/gallery/data/500/8817DSC00239-med.JPG

http://www.clublexus.com/gallery/data/500/8817DSC00233-med.JPG

Thanks

Chris

meGrimlock
03-29-2005, 03:39 PM
Car looks excellent - 12 years old or not. I`ve always liked the way the 1st gen SCs looked.

I see that your sn indicates you have a turbo car - did you drop a Supra motor in there, or turbo the N/A engine? I have always wanted a boosted SC300.

SilverLexus
03-29-2005, 03:50 PM
Beautiful Sports Coupe Chris! :)

Welcome to Autopia! :wavey

We have quite a few Lexus owners on the board. Enjoy your stay.

Master Gaignun
03-29-2005, 03:58 PM
Excellent. You have solidified my plan to use the AIO + SG combo in the fall on my Pearl White.

quikturbo
03-29-2005, 04:08 PM
Thanks guys. The other thing I noticed about the SG it doesn`t attract dust like the Zaino did!

As for my car, I did the swap about 2.5 yrs ago, along with 6spd, fuel, big turbo etc... Right now, I`ve got a GT42 dbb turbo, aem, etc... the car dyno`d 799rwhp in TX at 32psi with more let in it. Best 1/4 to date is a 10.1@138mph on a smaller turbo. So I have show and go :)

Here is a pic of my setup

http://www.fototime.com/{8B5242A2-D1D9-496C-A722-C20B4EF8BD81}/picture.JPG

Thanks again.

Chris

sQuashed
03-29-2005, 04:30 PM
Awesome... That motor makes me drool...

CottyGee
03-29-2005, 04:37 PM
HOLY CRAP!!!

That`s some SERIOUS speed... A luxury sleeper!

I just did AIO and SG for the first time on my 8 month old Chrysler 300C - also in a light color ("Cool Vanilla" it`s called - just about the exact shade of vanilla ice cream). I couldn`t be more impressed!

Thinkin` about doing a 2nd coat of SG this weekend, if I feel up to it.

imported_guapsnaman
03-29-2005, 04:42 PM
Yea that`s some serious $h!+....

Anyway, you should see AIO and SG on a Majestic Blue Maxima. I`ve been sold on the Klasse twins since I first started.

BTW I just finished detailing my boys `99 Maxima and I can`t wait till he sees what AIO and SG can do to some old paint.

laefd
03-29-2005, 04:49 PM
Yep, looks like you got it with the "twins" - THIN is definitely in!!!

Very nice! You might also want to try AIO topped with 4* UPP - not as finicky as SG, last almost as long and the shine is a bit more BRIGHT on white but a tad less "glossy".

I prefer the AIO/SG on my big Sequoia SUV - gives it a look like it`s wrapped in clear plastic. It`s a garage queen so it`s only a twice a year detail so the patience and technique it takes is no big deal.

Now for the daily driver white Corolla, I go with AIO/UPP and top with a wax every 2-3 months. I get about 4 months or so in the hot Texas sun.

AIO/SG or AIO/UPP, each has a slightly different look and it boils down to what you prefer. But you can`t beat the AIO/SG twins once you learn to KEEP IT THIN!

zippymbr
03-29-2005, 04:52 PM
:bow Your Motor!:xyxthumbs Sweet!:shocked My wife want a new SC 430. I wish I could talk her into a first gen, with the money we save I could drop a new engine in!

hirosh
03-29-2005, 05:28 PM
nice detail. and nice engine too. try topping the klasse twins with a couple coats of meg`s #16 pro wax. it seems to be quite durable.

imported_fireberd350
03-29-2005, 05:39 PM
Holy mother of a turbo! Looks like your turbo has more displacement than your engine!

I knew right away something was up when I saw the Mickey T`s out back!

Mad props on the work done, it must have been a lot to do all that.

Off topic: Is that a popular conversion? There`s a mechanic at the end of my street that is the "Supra God" in my area and I have seen him working on the same swap on the weekends. At first I was confused why he had a Lexus and a Supra both on lifts and taken apart and slowly realized he was putting all the stuff from the supra in the Lex. I thought it was an odd combo but hell I`m all about sleepers!

Again, great work on the paint and the car.

gav'spurplez
03-29-2005, 06:46 PM
other than the MT`s, no one would know what that car does :xyxthumbs

awesome detail, going to get some AIO myself :D

SilverLexus
03-29-2005, 06:55 PM
:bow That`s some serious power and gorgeous pipe work on the engine.

Steve530
03-29-2005, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by quikturbo

T...hanks guys. The other thing I noticed about the SG it doesn`t attract dust like the Zaino did! ...

Last summer we had an amazing swarm of sort of insect nymps that were almost weightless and had wings twice as long as their body. They sort of floated around instead of flying.

So after I added a layer of SG on the car and started to remove it, a swarm of these bugs appeared. I was going over the whole car with a MF towel to ensure that it all of the SG was removed when I noticed the bugs were being drawn to the car. The more I rubbed, the more insects that landed on ths car.

I finally decided that the towel was creating static electricity which drew the bugs to the car. I had to moved the car in the garage and close the door to keep the bugs away. :)

BTW, the Klasse twins are so slick they will take another 0.1 s off that 1/4 mile time. ;)