PDA

View Full Version : need a good combo, easy to buy sealant

imported_Billfold
03-29-2005, 09:18 AM
Well, I bought some S100, but since my car sits outside 24/7, I was looking for a great sealant. I have been looking at the Poorboys and Clearkote lines because they can be applied in direct sunlight, which is perfect because I have no garage. Now, which one would out of the two would you recommend, and what is the big difference b/w EX and EX-P, and if topped with S100 could I use Eagle 1 WAUD as a QD?

Eliot Ness
03-29-2005, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Billfold

.......what is the big difference b/w EX and EX-P, and if topped with S100 could I use Eagle 1 WAUD as a QD?

EX contains some carnauba and some feel it looks better on dark colors than EX-P. Both can be topped with S100 and you can still use WAUD if you like.

imported_Billfold
03-29-2005, 11:01 AM
would you recommend Poorboys, or any other sealant? I would only use WAUD because I got it for free. The color on my car is a metallic maroon color, so I guess EX would be the answer......

Eliot Ness
03-29-2005, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Billfold

would you recommend Poorboys, or any other sealant? ......

Depends on how long you want/expect the sealer to last. There are a lot of good sealants out there that look great and the PB`s EX series is one of them. If you`re looking for durability and something that will last the longest you may want to consider a few coats Klasse SG or Zaino.

If you`re topping with S100 and reapply every 6-8 weeks then that will help the sealer last longer. I`ve had good results with most of the popular sealers: EX, EX-P, UPP, SG, Wolfgang, etc.

I think you`d be pleased with a couple of coats of EX topped with a carnauba (if you decide to do that), but it`s almost impossible to say what would be *best* for you since there are so many variables involved.

I haven`t used WAUD for a while, and when I did it was after a wash while I was drying. It works pretty well, but I haven`t used it as a straight QD, but the bottle did say you can use it wet or dry. My favorite QD`s are Quik Shine (ClearKote) and PB`s new S&G.

imported_Billfold
03-29-2005, 11:43 AM
cool, thanks for the help!