PDA

View Full Version : Got my Z2-Pro: Bottle is soo small!

Pages : [1] 2

Genesis
03-29-2005, 07:06 AM
Finally got my Zaino Z2-Pro yesterday! however, I was a bit shocked on how small the bottle was (8 oz). Any idea how many coats this bottle should be able to do? Doesn`t look like many at all!

Should 1 oz be able to do a whole coat? I also bought the ZFX kit and it mentions that I should add about 1oz-2oz into the ZFX kit bottle. How exactly am I suppose to divy out 1oz? How do I measure it?

Any help would be great! Thanks!

imported_RIC
03-29-2005, 07:24 AM
The little container holds 2 ounces. Fill it half way for 1 ounce.

Depending on the size of the vehicle and how proficient you become applying it thin you should probably be able to do anywhere from a low of 8 coats to as many as 30 coats. Most people can do 2-3 coats per ounce of polish.

Genesis
03-29-2005, 07:28 AM
Thanks, RIC! Appreciate the info....I feel much better now :)

imported_memnuts
03-29-2005, 08:11 AM
Genesis,

What size is your vehicle?

If you plan to do 2 coats on a full-size SUV , 1oz with 4-5 drops of ZFX will be plenty and a full size car 1/2 oz will accomplish the same goal. Remember to apply very, very, very thin coats. One should barely be able to see the sealant on the surface. For easier spreading moisten slightly the applicator with Z6 or distilled water. When applying "lightly" float the applicator over the surface. no need to work product into the surface in a carnauba-like application which that requires the oils to penetrate (pores and crevices) the surface. Hi pressure will cause a more difficult time spreading the activated Z2-PRO.

Also prior to application a Z6 wipedown of the finish will greatly aid in spreadibility (surface becomes very slick).

You will be surprised how long that 8 oz bottle will last. If you apply a couple of coats every 6 or so weeks, that bottle will last you until this time next year. As you become more comfortable with the system, you will find yourself using less and less polish to accomplish the same amount of layers as you did when you first used this product.

Intercooled
03-29-2005, 08:26 AM
It really is amazing how much coverage you can get when it is applied properly. "whisper thin" is the term I like to use when explaining how much to apply.

imported_DennisH
03-29-2005, 11:46 AM
Quoted from Here (http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=Z-2)

"Say good-bye to spending frequent weekends waxing and protecting your vehicle. Z-2 PROâ„¢ provides months and months of protection with just a single application, and that`s no exaggeration. Our testers have reported 6-plus months of honest protection in even the most extreme environments."

and

"As you become more familiar with the product, a single eight-ounce bottle will do a Corvette 20 times. Remember - when in doubt, use less. "

So if you only do one car and you use two coats to insure full coverage then one coat ever 6-plus months, one 8 ioz bottle should last 9-plus years.

The only thing you should have to worry about is

" Z-2 For optimum results, use before 3 years "

Quotes are from Zaino website.

If you are going to do it every 6 weeks then who cares about durablity - even NTX will last that long.

imported_memnuts
03-29-2005, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by DennisH

If you are going to do it every 6 weeks then who cares about durablity tha- even NTX will last t long.

Because we are Autopians and Z2-PRO looks better initially and longer into those 6 weeks. :woot:

s2skimon
03-29-2005, 02:23 PM
once you mix your zfx the first time, you don`t have to keep using for subsequent layers.. you can apply subsequent layers right from the bottle.. I agree it is quite little.. I have a 2 seater convertible, so it will go a long ways with me.. past weekend i was so impressed with the new stuff, i applied 5 coats to my car..

opass
03-29-2005, 02:44 PM
I managed to apply 2.5 coats with 1 oz Z2 on 986S.

SK2003TypeS
03-29-2005, 03:40 PM
I`m on my Z2 bottle from 2 or 3 years ago. Zaino in the long run is less than penny a day.:xyxthumbs

cwcad
03-29-2005, 06:58 PM
Being a first time user of Zaino it would seem that BlkZ28Conv is absolutely correct. Have an 03 black Chevy pickup that is going on three weeks and the shine is still there plus the slickness is better than anything else that i have ever used. I can feel it when i use a CCD.

I have Z-2 Pro on my wife`s car. It is just two weeks on this car. It has been garaged every nite. The shine slickness and the very noticeable lack of dusting is very impressive. So impressive in fact, that my wife has asked what she needs to do to maintain this vehicle in my absence.

I am not a total Zaino-phile.... yet! I have to admit that the worm might be turning

imported_memnuts
03-29-2005, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by cwcad

So impressive in fact, that my wife has asked what she needs to do to maintain this vehicle in my absence.

I am not a total Zaino-phile.... yet! I have to admit that the worm might be turning

That`s funny cwcad. My wife loves the look. I use her vehicle as a test bed a lot, well until I applied the Z2 version prior to Z2-PRO. Out of nowhere one day after I had detailed her car she stated "What did you use on it this time? It looks great!!" I said Zaino. She stated that what I want it now all the time. There goes my test bed. :(

Unlike you cwcad, my wife has no intentions adopted this chore.

To be fair she did love the Souveran also on her black car until I did the full detail with Menzerna IP, FP and Zaino(Z5 / Z2).

cwcad, hide the Z6! ;)

imported_Burlyq
03-29-2005, 07:36 PM
If your doing two cars, two bottles of Z2Pro and one ZFX will last you 5+ years if you put it on 3 times a year. One ZFX treats two Z2 Bottles.

imported_DetailGirl
03-29-2005, 07:54 PM
It sucks that they charge $8 for shipping for one bottle. I have everything but the Z2Pro. Im not paying $8 for shipping a bottle that can ship for $1.50.

ZaneO
03-29-2005, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by DetailGirl

IT sucks that they chage $8 for shipping for one bottle. I have everything but the Z2Pro. Im not paying $8 for shipping a bottle that can ship for $1.50.

Then don`t use it! Most car care products have flat or fixed rate shipping charges.

I`m sure there is an individual distributor close enough to you to save a couple of dollars on shipping.