PDA

View Full Version : Just got my Grit Gaurd

Intercooled
03-28-2005, 09:57 PM
I just recieved my Grit Gaurd from PakShak. I`m impressed at the quality. The Plastic is pretty rugged. It fits freal nice in the bucket. I`ll give a try this weekend in the rinse bucket.

6']['9
03-28-2005, 10:19 PM
let us know cause ive been looking at getting one too.

White95Max
03-28-2005, 10:24 PM
One thing I`ve noticed is that if you fill the bucket up real fast with the GritGuard in the bucket, the water will force a lot of air down toward the GritGuard. Then the air bubbles will attach to the plastic, and the GritGuard will slowly rise to the surface or tilt on its side.

To fix the problem, just give the GritGuard a sharp jab with your fingers, to get the bubbles to release from the plastic. Or you can pull the GritGuard out of the water, shake it off, and drop it back in the bucket.

imported_imolamystique
03-28-2005, 10:35 PM
The grit guard is good. Too bad it causes you to waste a fair amount of water because of how high GG sits in the bucket. I ended up not using either of mine since I now use QEW. Great concept though.

PakShak
03-29-2005, 01:00 AM
There is 1 gal of water under the grit guard in a 12 inch diameter 3 1/2 gal or 5 gal bucket.

With Aloha,

Ranney :)

togwt
03-29-2005, 09:39 AM
For an Autopian that`s a hard choice, a)let the grit/dirt fall to the bottom of a rinse bucket and not risk scratching the paint surface or (b) waste a gallon of water but risk scratching the paint surface(but then you could pour the water (and collected grit) onto some grass and not waste the water

JonM