PDA

View Full Version : Lawn Care Forums?

imported_garyo
03-28-2005, 05:39 PM
I am looking for the the "Autopia" of the lawn care. Any suggestions for forums to check out?

Specifically I want to look into fertilizer/pesticide applications and suggested products and some reviews of lawn equipment. Unfortunately my quick search has only really revealed sites dedicated to professionals. I don`t need reviews of $4000 deck mowers:)

1 Clean WS6
03-28-2005, 06:46 PM
I don`t know of any off hand but I know one of the older members...Redcarguy...has an Autopian lawn. I`ve seen pics of it next to his Autopian Camaro!!

He doesn`t post much (if at all) here anymore but if he is reading this I am sure he can help you.

Mr. Clean
03-28-2005, 10:48 PM
dirtdoctor (http://www.dirtdoctor.com)

It is a read only site unless you become a Ground Crew member ($25/yr - I think) which includes a monthly magazine subscription. It is an organics oriented community, so you won`t get any synthetic herbicide, pesticide or fertilizer recommendatons. You will find recommendations on dealing with improving the health of your soil which will in turn help to "feed" your lawn and plants. You can also learn how to control weeds without the use of toxic herbicides and lawn and garden pests without the use of toxic pesticides.

imported_ajbarnes
03-29-2005, 10:10 PM
lawnsite.com

LouisanaJeeper
03-29-2005, 11:10 PM
www.lawnsite.com

but this too is a pro site. most of the guys buy their chemicals in bulk