PDA

View Full Version : carpet and seat cleaning

jmontgom
03-28-2005, 03:18 PM
I was wondering what everyone with a heated extractor uses for products to clean seats and carpets. I have read that it isn`t a good idea to run chemicals throught the extractor but to spray them on and aggitate then extract. I guess what i am looking for is some suggestions on products to spray on carpets that remove stains and products to improve the smell of the car. Also does anyone aggitate products with the porter cable and what pads do you use?

imported_Sullybob
03-28-2005, 03:36 PM
I use 4 ounces of Costco APC mixed with 2 gallons of hot tap water, spray this solution on the carpet or upholstry and agitate with a carpet brush. I fill my LGCM with hot tap water to rinse the dirt and cleaning solution out of the carpet and upholstry.

togwt
03-28-2005, 06:53 PM
Using an orbital buffer (with a brush attachment):

Methodology

â€Â¢Vacuum area very thoroughly to remove any loose dirt, grit and etc

â€Â¢Remove any stains with 303â„¢ Spot Remover & Cleaner

â€Â¢Spot treat really bad stains (303TM Cleaner & Spot Remover or Woolite® Heavy Traffic Carpet Foam)

â€Â¢Use a pre-cleaner solution, 10:1 distilled hot water/ P21S Total Auto Wash, let solution dwell for 5-10 minutes to enable cleaners to react

â€Â¢Agitate surfaces with an random orbital buffer (speed #4) and brush attachment, scrub carpet / fabric upholstery

â€Â¢Mist spray surfaces with hot water

â€Â¢Attach a terry-cloth bonnet and go over areas, changing the bonnets frequently

â€Â¢Use a rubber bristle brush go over the material to raise the fibres

â€Â¢Using the vacuum, remove the excess moisture, loose dirt and the grim

â€Â¢Allow carpets / mats to thoroughly dry before use

â€Â¢Once fabric is dry apply a fabric protection (303TM High Tech Fabric Guard)

Note: Use the hottest water available it also helps to pre-spray the carpet with hot water when hand cleaning carpets / mats

JonM