PDA

View Full Version : News Story

brownkc
03-28-2005, 09:48 AM
I received this news article from the "This is True" newsletter and thought it might be appreciated here:

CATNAP: Maggie Leonard discovered her cat was missing during her 11th birthday party. A neighbor, Ft. Lauderdale, Fla., firefighter Christopher Cortes, 32, has been charged with theft after he allegedly admits stealing the cat, driving it about 40 miles to the Everglades, and dumping it there because it had scratched his truck. James Benjamin, Cortes` attorney, says his client did the cat a favor by dropping it off in a rural area, rather than taking it to the pound where it would probably have been killed. "He took it to a safe-looking place where there are a lot of mice," he offered. Nearly two weeks later, the cat arrived back home, having walked back on its own. (South Florida Sun-Sentinel) ...Cortes` truck is in real trouble now.

White95Max
03-28-2005, 09:52 AM
Poor truck. :(

I mean poor cat! :o

cwcad
03-28-2005, 09:52 AM
That cat is just like my neighbors dog that he once tried pawning off on me. He said` "Would you please take my dog for me! Oh, never mind. HE would just come back."