PDA

View Full Version : Four Star Ultimate Paint Protection or Klasse SG

dt15
03-27-2005, 10:46 PM
hi everyone,

i am a newcomer. i am going to clean my car with klasse aio and then apply a polymer sealant. would you recommend Four Star Ultimate Paint Protection or Klasse SG and why? i like the idea of using 2 related products (Klasse AIO and SG) but have heard that Four Star Ultimate Paint Protection is easier to work with and may actually be better. your advice is appreciated.

dt15

Bill D
03-27-2005, 10:49 PM
I`ve moved you post to Autopia University. Until you reach "Enthusiast Detailer" status please start any threads only there.Thanks. ( you may post to established threads anywhere)

holland_patrick
03-27-2005, 10:58 PM
color of your car might be helpful

wannafbody
03-28-2005, 12:12 AM
as far as water beading SG seems to be more durable from what i`ve read

MongooseGA
03-28-2005, 12:14 AM
Both.

imported_Burlyq
03-28-2005, 12:20 AM
AIO and one coat of SG is a nice finish.

Envoy Fan
03-28-2005, 12:34 AM
I tried AIO and then SG. Like to never got the SG removed. I`m going to do AIO and UPP the next time.

Accumulator
03-28-2005, 01:37 PM
I use SG (about six layers) on the beater because of the protection and durability. On the nice car, I use UPP for the looks and the slickness. Some people have mixed layers of SG and UPP with good results, so you might try putting on plenty of SG and adding some UPP later.

s2skimon
03-28-2005, 02:53 PM
i have a spa yellow and the SG gave a much deeper , wetter look than UPP. UPP gave my car a nice shine, but in between WG`s salad oil look and klasse`s SG`s wet look. UPP is nothing to write home about. I am disappointed in UPP that i ended up trying the new zaino z2pro and found it way better in looks. So i`ve gone back to zaino after using SG , EX-P , WG and many other products.

But it really what kind of finish you are looking for. Deep and Wet looking, dipped in salad oil look, shiny, etc.

different strokes for diff folks..

Accumulator
03-28-2005, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by montoya

i have a spa yellow and the SG gave a much deeper , wetter look than UPP... different strokes for diff folks..

Heh heh, and I would`ve said the exact opposite! :D :cool:

See why the bottom line is always "try `em and see"? The day we all agree on this stuff a lot of businesses will be closing their doors :D