PDA

View Full Version : AHHH! Paint on my pad?

Pages : [1] 2

99 Maxima SE-L
03-26-2005, 11:23 PM
Used my PC for the first time today. I washed, clayed, rewashed then used sonus enhance 2 with a white LC pad, buffed residue with MF towel, then I used the sonus 3 with another LC white pad. while using the the final polish, my White pad started to get a pink hue to it, as my car is maroon. :eek: What am I doing wrong? Is this normal? I applyed both products at around 3, when it started drying up I raised the PC to about 5.5. I topped it with carnuba paste. I was a little scared, but the car came out very nicely. Can somebody give me some advice/info on the pink hue on my pad from my paint?

Thanks!:)

TW85 HHI
03-26-2005, 11:28 PM
You have single stage paint. Single stage means there is no clear so you are in direct contact with the colored paint. The "pink" is the oxidation being removed and is normal for a car of your year.

99 Maxima SE-L
03-26-2005, 11:33 PM
I don`t understand. My car doesnt have a clearcoat? I am pretty sure it does. It`s a 1999.

JeffM
03-26-2005, 11:40 PM
Is the pink on the Sonus SFX 2 or 3 pad?

Reason i ask, isnt the SFX-2 pinkish ?

I would have to go out to look, but i believe it is.

Anyways, i dont think you went through your clear coat with any of these products, so if your pad is really really pink, then you have single stage paint.

99 Maxima SE-L
03-26-2005, 11:46 PM
nah- it`s just a very light pink, but still, If i have a clearcoat, how can I get even a little pink on my pad without going throught the clearcoat? The car shows no sign of a jon done wrong. It looks like a mirror. Its just that its my first time so I did not know what to expect. The car definately has a clearcoate. Its not some 25 year old car LOL. Btw the sfx 2 if i recall is greenish, and the sfx 3 is whitish. I dont have them at my disposal as they are in my girlfriends garage

EnduroExpertFSR
03-27-2005, 12:11 AM
i have a 1997 f250 and my yellow pad always comes out a with a pinkish tint to it not alot but a little when i do the truck its red

jchetty
03-27-2005, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by 99 Maxima SE-L

Used my PC for the first time today. I washed, clayed, rewashed then used sonus enhance 2 with a white LC pad, buffed residue with MF towel, then I used the sonus 3 with another LC white pad. while using the the final polish, my White pad started to get a pink hue to it, as my car is maroon. :eek: What am I doing wrong? Is this normal? I applyed both products at around 3, when it started drying up I raised the PC to about 5.5. I topped it with carnuba paste. I was a little scared, but the car came out very nicely. Can somebody give me some advice/info on the pink hue on my pad from my paint?

Thanks!:)

was the car bought used...if it was maybe the car was repainted...are we talking bout one panel or the entire car??

99 Maxima SE-L
03-27-2005, 12:38 AM
Its the entire car. Yes it was bought used- It is all original.

94BlkStang
03-27-2005, 01:02 AM

I don`t understand. My car doesnt have a clearcoat? I am pretty sure it does. It`s a 1999.

I don`t know about your Maxima, but my daughter has a 98 Nissan Sentra and it`s single stage paint. Single stage paint doesn`t necessarily mean it`s cheaper, as I have seen many single stage paint jobs look as good as a clear coat-base coat paint job. Sounds like you have a single stage paint job and like somebody mentioned you`re seeing some of the old paint on your pad. Nothing to worry about. As you keep your car polished and waxed, you`ll be seeing less of that on your next detail.

jchetty
03-27-2005, 01:03 AM

Its the entire car. Yes it was bought used- It is all original.

your color is Red Opulence Metallic. it is clearcoated and just because all panels on car are original doesnt mean it wasnt repaired/repainted...this is def wierd...when you have some time carefully inspect all black trim and see if a lil paint made its way on the trim....my honest opinion is ...im dumbfouned you have metallic so in my opinion maybe part of the car was touched up because metallic is a pain to blend

TW85 HHI
03-27-2005, 01:29 AM
SFX1 = tan

SFX2 = light blue

SFX3 = white

You have single stage paint somewhere on your car. Factory or aftermarket, I do not know because I am not familiar with Nissan paints. The only other way paint color would end up on your pad is if your clear is completely gone in some areas of your car, and if that is the case, then the paint will be extremely dull in those areas (base color coats do not have any gloss/shine).

EnduroExpertFSR
03-27-2005, 01:33 AM
can it not just be a color and clear mixed paint?

TW85 HHI
03-27-2005, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by EnduroExpertFSR

can it not just be a color and clear mixed paint?

I am no paint expert but does such a thing even exist? :nixweiss

EnduroExpertFSR
03-27-2005, 01:47 AM
its how we resprayed the bumper on my friends supra and new spoiler

its the way the paint guy said to do it came out looking just the same as the rest of the car

99 Maxima SE-L
03-27-2005, 12:50 PM
oooh oh- I just relized something. YES the whole rear bumber was redone about a year ago at the dealer because thye scratched it up pretty bad when i brought it in for servicing. Maybe they used single stage paint on the bumber (it still does not match quite right though) maybe thats the color I am seeing? I mean, it is just a pink tinge, the pad doesnt look like a used tampon LOL.