PDA

View Full Version : Meguiar`s Hot Rims.

Tasty
03-26-2005, 10:27 PM
Any opinions on this stuff. I bought some and used it today. Thought it worked pretty well, then I notice it says dont` get it on brake calipers, rotors, etc. It`s a wheel cleaner! What the hell? You`d have to spray pretty carefully to avoid that.

audipower
03-26-2005, 11:40 PM
I like it. It`s great on chrome because it`s not aggresive. It`s not for heavy grim, but nice if you have AIO or SG on your rims. Getting it on brakes rotors or calipers is just like tire spray. Reason is because its slick and will cause slip. I sprayed my tires with Megs hot tire stuff. I went to back up my car and it sound like my brakes where locked up in the back. I suggest a industrial soft metal cleaner. Safe on chrome or alin. and other metals and nothing cleans better.

Inzane
03-27-2005, 12:30 AM
This is the wheel cleaner in the purple spray bottle right?

My friend tried it on his wife`s `02 Altima SE and it permanently discolored her front brake calipers... turned them a green-ish hue.

And the Guru Reports wheel & tire test tested it as acidic and I think it may have etched some of their test panels.

I haven`t touched the stuff and prefer to stick with Eagle One A2Z myself.

BigAl3
03-27-2005, 01:15 AM
i`ve tried it before (didn`t care for it) it`s not up to par with the eo a2z, imo.

benpocock
03-27-2005, 07:48 AM
I`ve used it once and can`t say I was that impressed. It`s mildly acidic but not acidic enough to take off real heavy grime, so I kind of see it as a protection remover rather than a wheel cleaner.

I use Sonax R2000 (non-acidic) on cars where I`ve waxed/sealed the wheels to ensure lonjevity, and Autoglym Clean Wheels when I need something with a bit of "oomph" behind it.

Ben

Intercooled
03-27-2005, 07:48 PM
I use it probably 3 times a year on my polished garage queen rims. It does the job for me. But I didn`t want something too agresive anyhow.

l33
03-27-2005, 08:16 PM
I`ve found it to be more powerful than A2Z. Its the best i`ve used as far as acidics go.