PDA

View Full Version : Quick Detail/Cali Car Duster Question

SphyNxXx
03-26-2005, 06:13 PM
When is a car too dirty to be dusted off with a Cali Car Duster? Same thing for quick detail.

Also, is the mixture of a capful of NXT car soap and water just as good as the store bought QD? I know it will do fine for claybaring, but will it leave streaks if I QD it?

rd_volvo
03-26-2005, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by SphyNxXx

When is a car too dirty to be dusted off with a Cali Car Duster? Same thing for quick detail.

Also, is the mixture of a capful of NXT car soap and water just as good as the store bought QD? I know it will do fine for claybaring, but will it leave streaks if I QD it?

From my experience I would never QD or Caliduster any longer than 3-4 days after a full wash. Too much stuff has settled on the paintwork by then. Also if it has drizzled or you have driven thru dusty areas.

As far as the soap solution you describe it is not a quick detailer as we know it. QD`s have lubricating components and probably not detergents in them.

Hope this helps.

Bill D
03-26-2005, 07:49 PM
Please place this thread in the proper forum, Detailing Product Discussion, the first time. Per rules, it is not the job of the moderators to do it for you. Thank you.