PDA

View Full Version : Rubber Floor Matts

Richt
03-26-2005, 03:28 PM
What do people do to try and make these look better?

I currently just wipe them down and they clean up very nicely, was wondering if there is anything else I can do improve the looks tho.

I have always strayed away from dressing things like pedals and floor matts, due to them turning slippery? Has any one got an recommendations?

Was thinking about about 1Z Vinyl-Rubber Care and Protectant, as it says it dries to a satin finish? I have not brought any yet but really like there Cockpit Premium on dashboards.

Cheers

Rich

imported_Axe
03-26-2005, 03:49 PM
My solution to the rubber mats thing, I bought transparent rubber mats they look superb and need nothing more than a wipe with a damp cloth :)

imported_Mighty HD
03-26-2005, 03:52 PM
I have had good luck with Meguiars natural shine...I spray that on. It`s not slippery and works good.

Richt
03-26-2005, 04:15 PM
Cheers Guys.

Axe my friend has clear mats they do look neat. These matts I have are just black rubber.

602rwtq
03-27-2005, 12:11 AM
Pressure wash them with a citrus cleaner and let them air dry. If you must dress them, use a low-gloss dressing like Stoner.

Blazern00b
03-27-2005, 12:39 AM
I have washed them with APC, rinsed, dried. Then sprayed some dressing on all over and spread around. Let soak in for a few minutes, and then buff off. Then i spray some APC onto a towel and wipe the mat again, cutting out a bit of the slickness. I use this method of cleaning on peddles too and I think it works great.

DBC
03-27-2005, 02:22 AM
Used some Woolite/water on mine and scrubbed vigorously with a carpet brush to deep clean them or so to speak and sprayed some Vinylex and let them soak.After a couple of minutes wiped them down and mats came out looking brand new.Wasnt slippery at all.Also done this to my peddles

AndyC_1
03-27-2005, 04:18 AM
Rich - 1Z Vinyl/Rubber Cleaner and a scrub brush, brush, rinse, air dry. Simple as anything and they get left with a nice low gloss sheen and non slippery - will dig out a pic for you.

Richt
03-27-2005, 04:33 AM
Thanks all.

Andy is that the Vinyl-Rubber Care and Protectant rather than Kunststoff Intensive Plastic - Rubber Care?

Cheers

Rich

benpocock
03-27-2005, 06:54 AM
I just use wash solution and a brush - then jet wash them off. If I feel they need dressing afterwards I`ll use eithe Megs Natural Shine or the AG Vinyl and Rubber Protectant.

Ben

Richt
03-27-2005, 07:58 AM
The wash and brush is my current regime. They look clean but rather non detailed. I have loads of AG Vinyl and Rubber ( about 10 litres!) but thought it may make them very slippy?

benpocock
03-27-2005, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by Richt

I have loads of AG Vinyl and Rubber ( about 10 litres!) but thought it may make them very slippy?

I you use it sparingly it`s fine - slosh it about though and it can get a bit slippy.

Ben

butchdave
03-28-2005, 06:12 AM
<nods> AG is what I use, spray it on sparingly when the mats are wet and leave to dry

Richt
03-28-2005, 06:43 AM
Cheers all - Right on the two spare matts I have, plan 1 try the AG and on the other the 1z

Richt
03-28-2005, 11:50 AM
Update. Went out and had a little play this afternnon. No 1z to try yet so.

Wiped over matts with a damp cloth, sprayed two shots off AG Vinyl and rubber care to each floor matt, re wiped with the damp cloth, removed excess water/rubber care with a dry cloth and left to air dry.

Results, matt finish, but looked dressed rather than just bare rubber, non slippy and looked good, very happy. Cheer guys. Will try the 1z when it arrives.