PDA

View Full Version : would you add anything to this combo??

granntl
03-26-2005, 12:55 PM
Einszette PP, MP, Pinnacle on the Buick GN.

SSR1, Z2 on the daily drivers.

You think AIO or another would be a good idea bedore my LSP?

imported_fireberd350
03-26-2005, 12:57 PM
seem like good combos for the products you have.

PErsonally, I would use other products but everyone has thier own opinions.

Whats the specs on the GN?

rollman
03-26-2005, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by granntl

You think AIO or another would be a good idea bedore my LSP? [/B]

Don`t forget AIO is cleaner /polish . It would remove what ever your going over it with.

granntl
03-26-2005, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by fireberd350

seem like good combos for the products you have.

PErsonally, I would use other products but everyone has thier own opinions.

Whats the specs on the GN?

26k hardtop - original paint

PT-61

50lb inj

PTE stock locastion I/C

3,000 stall

70 mm T/B

ATR exhaust

3`DP

What products would you reccomend & Nice GN you have there BTW.

JeffM
03-26-2005, 03:20 PM
Stop it!

If i see one more post about people and their GN`s i will explode!

Damn do i want one sooooo bad hahaaha.

BTW, post a pic when your done :)

imported_fireberd350
03-26-2005, 05:56 PM
Thanks for the compliments. 26k and modded up, I love it;)

As for my rec`s. Right now I`m hooked on these products:

Swirls/heavy polish: 3M PI III RC

Prep: AIO

Sealant: UPP

That`s for my driver, and I have tons new products to try out once the weather breaks (WG, Souveran, UPC, #80, etc etc). For my GN, since it rarely see`s anything but a garage, I plan on doing a VM + Souveran combo and see what it looks like.

I personally am not a fan of the 1ZPP. It did a great job on the swirls on my truck, but the 3M could have done a better job in half the time and energy. Also, I wasn`t big on the appearance it left behind (not bad looking, just not my taste). I can`t say anything about the MP, but I hear good things about it.

also, I know SilverLExus has gone right from SSR2.5 to Souveran and had great results (shockingly!) so maybe try the SSR1 + Souveran combo. I plan on using VM first to give it that extra depth and wetness (VM is the sh!t on black!!).

Keep us updated on what you end up doing, and get some pics up!

granntl
03-26-2005, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by fireberd350

Thanks for the compliments. 26k and modded up, I love it;)

As for my rec`s. Right now I`m hooked on these products:

Swirls/heavy polish: 3M PI III RC

Prep: AIO

Sealant: UPP

That`s for my driver, and I have tons new products to try out once the weather breaks (WG, Souveran, UPC, #80, etc etc). For my GN, since it rarely see`s anything but a garage, I plan on doing a VM + Souveran combo and see what it looks like.

I personally am not a fan of the 1ZPP. It did a great job on the swirls on my truck, but the 3M could have done a better job in half the time and energy. Also, I wasn`t big on the appearance it left behind (not bad looking, just not my taste). I can`t say anything about the MP, but I hear good things about it.

also, I know SilverLExus has gone right from SSR2.5 to Souveran and had great results (shockingly!) so maybe try the SSR1 + Souveran combo. I plan on using VM first to give it that extra depth and wetness (VM is the sh!t on black!!).

Keep us updated on what you end up doing, and get some pics up!

You know, not to get too off topic. I kind of felt guilty modifying the GN because it is such a low mileage car. In the end though, they are just bolt-ons and I have all the original parts right down to the plug wires. From what I can tell, a nicely modded GN is just as valuable as an original unless you are talking ultra-low mileage GN`s that were bought and stored.

I might try some VM on top of the SSR1 - Thanks. :xyxthumbs

Accumulator
03-27-2005, 12:08 PM
granntl- These days I always advise you GN owners with original paint to see if the 1Z MP (or perhaps VM instead) will satisfy you. I just hate the idea of cutting off more paint than necessary on those cars.

If you *do* use the PP first, work it long enough for it to break down. Not until it`s dry, but until it *almost* is.

Gary Wells
03-27-2005, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by JBM

Stop it!

If i see one more post about people and their GN`s i will explode!

Damn do i want one sooooo bad hahaaha.

BTW, post a pic when your done :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quick, pull the fuse, you are gernading in less than 10:

Currently very minor mods: pictures taken when stock:

http://www.gnregistry.org/TRL00688B_BDA.htm