PDA

View Full Version : Is this the correct detailing sequence?

Pages : [1] 2

kaiserdome
03-26-2005, 10:51 AM
Greetings to all,

I`m a newbie in detailing and what a wonderful community we have here ;)

I just bought the following products and was wondering whether this is the correct detailing sequence:

1. Wash + Claybar

2. Dry

3. Klasse AIO

4. Poorboy`s Polish w/ Carnauba

5. Klasse SG

6. Natty`s Paste Wax

Please advise. Thanks! :D

03COBRA
03-26-2005, 11:04 AM
Welcome kaiserdome,

I would say maybe skip the PwC and go straight to the SG. Although being a newbie you may want to look into a diffeent sealant, SG has quite a learning curve! If you put down some PwC you may run into bonding issues with the SG, where with AIO as the base SG will bond nicely.

1. Wash + Claybar

2. Dry

3. Klasse AIO

4. Klasse SG

5. Natty`s Paste Wax

--What color car are we working with here?

--What kind of car?

--Condition of the paint?

Answering these questions should help with a response!

:D

Eliot Ness
03-26-2005, 11:08 AM
You want to use SG right after AIO, PwC will cause bonding issues with SG. So just leave out step #4 and you`ll be fine. You also want to wait about 24 hours between coats of SG and also before you top it with Natty`s.

If your finish has any swirls, marring, etc. that need to be removed you should do that before the AIO.

kaiserdome
03-26-2005, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by O4cobra

Welcome kaiserdome,

I would say maybe skip the PwC and go straight to the SG. Although being a newbie you may want to look into a diffeent sealant, SG has quite a learning curve! If you put down some PwC you may run into bonding issues with the SG, where with AIO as the base SG will bond nicely.

1. Wash + Claybar

2. Dry

3. Klasse AIO

4. Klasse SG

5. Natty`s Paste Wax

--What color car are we working with here?

--What kind of car?

--Condition of the paint?

Answering these questions should help with a response!

:D

Thanks for your advice! My answers to your questions:

1. My ride is a Titanium Grey Mazda3 Sedan

2. Paint is pretty new, only 3 months

3. Slight swirls and scratches observed under strong lightings :o

kaiserdome
03-26-2005, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Eliot Ness

You want to use SG right after AIO, PwC will cause bonding issues with SG. So just leave out step #4 and you`ll be fine. You also want to wait about 24 hours between coats of SG and also before you top it with Natty`s.

If your finish has any swirls, marring, etc. that need to be removed you should do that before the AIO.

Thanks for your advice too! In that case, I can`t use my PwC at all during my prep stage right? Does that mean I can use PwC b4 my subsequent waxing? Sorry to sound so noob :p

a.k.a. Patrick
03-26-2005, 11:38 AM
Any carnauba product shouldnt be used prior to an acrylic/polymer product. You want the surface as sterile as possible.

kaiserdome
03-26-2005, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by a.k.a. Patrick

Any carnauba product shouldnt be used prior to an acrylic/polymer product. You want the surface as sterile as possible.

Got it. Will bear that in mind :)

So no PwC b4 SG...so when can I use PwC? :confused:

JeffM
03-26-2005, 11:49 AM
When you use EX, or a caranuba-based product.

kaiserdome
03-26-2005, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by JBM

When you use EX, or a caranuba-based product.

so can i use PwC over my layer of Natty? Meaning the next time I apply Natty, can I use PwC to prep? :confused:

Eliot Ness
03-26-2005, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by kaiserdome

so can i use PwC over my layer of Natty? Meaning the next time I apply Natty, can I use PwC to prep?

The cleaners in PwC may remove some/all of the SG. Save the PwC for when give you try EX a try or when you don`t have a sealer down for a base that you want to keep.

kaiserdome
03-26-2005, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Eliot Ness

The cleaners in PwC may remove some/all of the SG. Save the PwC for when give you try EX a try or when you don`t have a sealer down for a base that you want to keep.

Got it. Thanks for the tip :cool:

03COBRA
03-26-2005, 01:00 PM
Nice choice on a car kaiser, there are a few members on here that have that same car! If you really want to use the PwC you may want to try it before AIO. PwC should polish the surface better than AIO, so use the PwC and then the AIO.

Do this and see what happens:

1. Wash + Claybar

2. Dry

3. Poorboy`s Polish w/ Carnauba

4. Klasse AIO

5. Klasse SG

6. Natty`s Paste Wax

kaiserdome
03-26-2005, 01:04 PM

Nice choice on a car kaiser, there are a few members on here that have that same car! If you really want to use the PwC you may want to try it before AIO. PwC should polish the surface better than AIO, so use the PwC and then the AIO.

Do this and see what happens:

1. Wash + Claybar

2. Dry

3. Poorboy`s Polish w/ Carnauba

4. Klasse AIO

5. Klasse SG

6. Natty`s Paste Wax

Sounds good 04cobra! Thanks and I will proceed with detailing :xyxthumbs

03COBRA
03-26-2005, 01:06 PM
Here is some inspiration Kaiser!

Click me please! (http://autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=41263&highlight=mazda)

kaiserdome
03-26-2005, 01:09 PM

Here is some inspiration Kaiser!

Click me please! (http://autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=41263&highlight=mazda)

:bow :up

Very inspiring indeed! :xyxthumbs